if there is any other problem check all fuses the old glass fuses can look good and not be good remove one at atime and check for loose ends on the fuses check the wires on top of the gas tank

You cannot get a replacement fuel sending unit from Toyota. I failed twice to get an aftermarket one to work even with a new fuel guage from autometer. I found the wiring at the juction below the passenger seat was not getting a good connection to the tank sending unit and replace all the wiring. But still no fuel guage. So now I write the mileage down from my odometer on my gas receipt and since I get near 20mpg with a 13 gallon tank, I keep track of the miles and fill up when I need to. You can spend 300 dollars or more and still not get the guage to work or save the money for gas and keep track of your miles like I do. Just a thought.

Find the wires at the tank and ground the yellow and red wire or better yet connect a test light to it this will avoid any short circuits if you try the wrong wire (make sure you have a good ground at the test light clip) if the gauge reads full (key on) then the tank sensor is toes up. All the gauges are fused at the same point so if one works they all should.