Blower motor will not work

brentc182

84 Mrv and the blower motor for the a/c and heat will not come on. fuse is good(behind the glove box) the relay is good(also behind the glove box), and I pulled the motor and connected it to a 12v source and it worked fine. what am I missing?

Thanks brent

Ground? Or possibly the resistor block I think there is a thermal fuse on the blower resistor board it's self it's not replaceable you have to buy the resistor.

The resistor is on the firewall, in the cab, behind the blower motor. I found mine while trying to determine why the blower would not work. It turns out the blower motor had been used as a mouse condo and the mice packed the blower cage with mouse next. I cleaned it out and it worked again.

The motor works there was not much in the way of leaves and such in the housing. The resister is behind the motor on the firewall is it easy to get too? how do I know if its bad or not?

thanks brent

The resistor is on the firewall, in the cab, behind the blower motor. I found mine while trying to determine why the blower would not work. It turns out the blower motor had been used as a mouse condo and the mice packed the blower cage with mouse next. I cleaned it out and it worked again.

On the Yahoo group, there are copies of an 85 and 88 Factory Service Manual ( I think thats where I got them). Download both of them. (60 meg for the 1985, 85meg for the 1988).

If you can't find them let me know and I'll put them up on my site somewhere (www.iflyez.com)

If the resistor is bad, the blower should at least work on HI speed. If you have a voltmeter, double check and make sure you really have power getting through the fuse, should read 12 volts on both sides of the fuse.

ALSO - The Heater relay is on the left side of the glove box. if you put your hand on it and turn the heater control OFF and ON, you should fell it click (Doesn't mean its any good, just means that your fuse is OK and the relay is energizing.)

I attached a screenshot of the section from the manual, at least this could get you started looking.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-4544-0-09376400-1316003775_thumb.jp

Thanks for the diagram John I needed that. Right now nothing works(as far as the blower motor), but I have not been able to check to volts at the fuse. I will have time to check that Thursday and we will see.

On the Yahoo group, there are copies of an 85 and 88 Factory Service Manual ( I think thats where I got them). Download both of them. (60 meg for the 1985, 85meg for the 1988).

If you can't find them let me know and I'll put them up on my site somewhere (www.iflyez.com)

If the resistor is bad, the blower should at least work on HI speed. If you have a voltmeter, double check and make sure you really have power getting through the fuse, should read 12 volts on both sides of the fuse.

ALSO - The Heater relay is on the left side of the glove box. if you put your hand on it and turn the heater control OFF and ON, you should fell it click (Doesn't mean its any good, just means that your fuse is OK and the relay is energizing.)

I attached a screenshot of the section from the manual, at least this could get you started looking.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I put those Manuals up on my web site. Keep in mind that the 1985 manual is 60meg and the 1988 is 88meg. These are PDF files so when you click on them, it could take several minutes for them to load. Make sure after they load that you save them to your local hard drive.

1985 Truck Service Manual

1988 Truck Service Manual

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto