Setting up 101, aka where to place the jacks

SergeAyotte

Hello everyone!

My girfriend and I have gotten a '86 Mini-Cruiser (that's what it says on it LOL) from her parents, and have been enjoying the 3 times we have taken it out on weekends... I have been bitten with the RV bug!!!

Being brand new to RV'ing, I wonder if anyone can help me with the placement of the jacks when setting it in the campground, been having one oooo of a pain to try to level the RV everytime (bringing the question where to put the level??)... And any other tips and hints for newbies will be appreciated :ThumbUp:

Also, I wonder if we could replace the scissors jack with hydraulics one completly, and what I should look for (i.e. weight capacity).

Thank you in advance for all help, hints, links and tips you will provide!

Serge

post-5355-0-17448300-1313190196_thumb.jp

Most of use leveling blocks to level things. The jacks are just used to stop the rocking or maybe just fine tuning things.

The leveling blocks go under the tires and the jacks go on the frame.

Check out PPL rv for Lynx levelers

My Dolphin has two small bubble levels that the driver can see, One is for side to side, its mounted on the dash. The other is front to back, its mounted on the drivers door post.

If you don't have these, you can buy them at any RV store. They are self adhesive. When you install them, you want to use a level and move the truck around to get the Refrigerator level (Use a small bubble level resting on the floor of the freezer compartment). Then mount the self adhesive bubble levels where the Driver can see them.

I try and get the truck within 1 notch of level Front to Back and 2-3 notches Side to Side

Front to back is a little more critical because of the refrigerator, I usually move the truck around and can find a good spot. If not, I resort to the "Legos".

post-4544-0-60846900-1313229645_thumb.jp

The Legos seem to be 1 notch for each logo block, i.e. if I need to raise the front by two notches on the bubble level, I put two lego blocks under each front tire

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Serge:

Welcome to the Toy Camping World !

I use two pyramid screw jacks for stabalizers under the frame extensions for the rear bumper. I use two 4 ton hydrolic jacks, one under each side of the chassis frame (approx) near the front of the doors. Two 2 Tons would probably be sufficient but I went with the 4 Ton in case I had a flat on the rear to change.

I have a bubble level for the refrigerator. Where we camp, most of the spots are fairly level and only had to use the Leggos twice to help level it.

Make happy memories with the TOY HOME.

Hi all! Thanks for the replies and tips

And there I was thinking I always had to use the jacks till the wheels for of the grounds :w00t:

I am going to go park somewhere level and get a few "stickies" installed, and I like the Lego's instead of using the wood blocks that we inherited :lol:

Again a big thank you!!

Serge

Serge:

If there is a weigh station nearby, go in the direction that is closed for the moment and pull up on it and apply your stickies. No one to hurry you up!

They should all be level and accurate.

'homer'