I brought my new 84 MiniCruiser to the local repair shop to find out what it needed to pass the safety inspection and the list included front and rear shocks (gabriel - jcwhitney), upper and lower ball joints (?) and an exhaust system, including cat and everything rearward. They quoted $169 for universal cat, $82 for univ. muffler and 3hrs labor all totaling about $500. I know that we can do better than that.

I read a few posts about cat-back exhaust systems from rockauto and a cat from LC Engineering, and looked up my chassis code on ToyoDIY. Are there pre-bent exhaust systems that I can just bolt on myself for the RN44 chassis? Rockauto only lists catback systems from Bosal for RN50 and RN55 chassis in 3 wheelbase lengths. How do I know which one (if any) will fit? Will it use the stock exhaust hanger locations? What diameter pipe is on it?

When looking under the vehicle, it appears that the exhaust would exit to the rear of the passenger side rear wheels. Is this legal? The bosal image appears to exit at the rear, and I guess I would have to install new hangers.

you can buy cat and muffler and pipe fittings at car quest they sold me some extreme hevey duty hangers if you are able to do the work may you have a friend who is into welding you can get pipe elbows strate pices the cat stock toyota flanges bolt in we dont have smog here i would not be able to a ford those shops i built my own 4wd pickup ex i will fix moter home sameway i cut it of with a sawsall the shocks not real hard have all car quest hevey duty

I can handle shocks and ball joints. I just want a good source for the ball joints/control arms. The mech said that when I remove the joints I might damage the arms, so I might have to buy those with the joints installed already. That might not be a bad choice since that will include the CA bushings as well.

No welder nearby, except the shop. I need to avoid having to piece together the exhaust with welds, if possible.

I cant even bring them the exhaust parts I want installed, as they wont install them. So I'm stuck either paying their prices, or finding a bolt together exhaust.

Rock Auto (.com) is a great place for online parts.

Too bad you can't piece together the exhaust. A performance aftermarket cat, 2.25" pipe w/ mandrel bends, and a decent muffler, and you'd notice a performance and fuel mileage increase.

Rock Auto (.com) is a great place for online parts.

Too bad you can't piece together the exhaust. A performance aftermarket cat, 2.25" pipe w/ mandrel bends, and a decent muffler, and you'd notice a performance and fuel mileage increase.

I do agree about the 2.25" pipe. A little more research and I think im working with an 83 model instead of an 84 (via ToyoDiy VIN search)

This changes things a little bit, since the cat-back isnt available for the RN44. But i may be able to piece it together with a custom bent pipe. I was hoping someone had done it before.

I still need to know about wheelbase and tailpipe length. To be legal, the exhaust must exit at the rear (back bumper area) in a motorhome?

My Exhaust exits behind the rear wheel. If it exited behind the bumper it would drag on some bumps.

My Exhaust exits behind the rear wheel. If it exited behind the bumper it would drag on some bumps.

Interesting.. On mine, there are stock muffler mounts that hang just to the rear of the wheels. I was unsure if they were added by Toyota or RBR (camper manufacturer)

Tell me, do you have any windows that open to the rear of your tailpipe exit?