Can a Honda EU2000i Generator power the Coleman 6727?

bestbowl

I just bought a 1994 Winnebago Warrior with no generator and a very small space in which to instal one. I was wondering if the Honda EU2000i Generator will fit into the space and is enough to start and power the stock Coleman 6727 on the roof? Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Thank you

it should power it fine but you need to remove the Honda fom the storage compartment before use.

LS

I just bought a 1994 Winnebago Warrior with no generator and a very small space in which to instal one. I was wondering if the Honda EU2000i Generator will fit into the space and is enough to start and power the stock Coleman 6727 on the roof? Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Thank you

I actually like that these Warriors had the generator compartment without a permanent generator installed unless you paid for the option. That gives me the option to just use it as the only outdoor "basement storage" on these rigs when I don't need a generator at the campsite. If you do, just have a portable one in there, pull it out, plug it in and enjoy! Permanent one probably would have added 75-100 lbs of weight.

Thank you

I have the EU2000i and a 91 Warror. The generator will fit in the space with room to spare for other items and will power the AC unit. The generator should be taken out of the compartment when running. Also we tried storing extra gas in a 2 gallon container in the compartment, but you can smell the gas inside the RV so that is not a good idea. The vent on the generator's tank closes and we can't smell gas from the generator itself when stored.

I had installed a reciever hitch to tow a small trailer and had purchased an aluminum storage rack from Harbor Freight so that we could haul gas cans there if we need to evacuate Florida for a hurricane. I decided to modify it, making it taller and adding a Sunbrella cover to keep things out of site and somewhat out of the sun. The Honda fits nicely out there and I rigged an electrical cord under the RV to the panel box so we can run the generator whenever we want or need to without moving it. It works out great. We can keep the RV cool when we stop in a hot parking lot to shop or just for lunch.

I have the EU2000i and a 91 Warror. The generator will fit in the space with room to spare for other items and will power the AC unit. The generator should be taken out of the compartment when running. Also we tried storing extra gas in a 2 gallon container in the compartment, but you can smell the gas inside the RV so that is not a good idea. The vent on the generator's tank closes and we can't smell gas from the generator itself when stored.

I had installed a reciever hitch to tow a small trailer and had purchased an aluminum storage rack from Harbor Freight so that we could haul gas cans there if we need to evacuate Florida for a hurricane. I decided to modify it, making it taller and adding a Sunbrella cover to keep things out of site and somewhat out of the sun. The Honda fits nicely out there and I rigged an electrical cord under the RV to the panel box so we can run the generator whenever we want or need to without moving it. It works out great. We can keep the RV cool when we stop in a hot parking lot to shop or just for lunch.

I wonder why the 91 Warrior space is so much bigger than the 94? Just picked up a 2000i and it doesn't even close to fit. The entire storage box will have to be cut out and rebuilt. From what I can see it is the original box. The actual opening of the storage/generator housing box is 4 inches to small for the height of the 2000i. If I put it in in an angle it'll barely wiggle past that only to find that the internal storage box is just less than 2 inches too small to allow the 2000i to stand upright. There is also this off-center divider plate which seems to only be there to protect the 220 A/C wire so I could cut it out. But left alone the box is over 6 inches to small to accommodate the length of the 2000i. I am not one who knows much about welding but I figure this may cost somewhere between $300.00 and $500.00 to have rebuilt? Anyone have a better estimate or advice?

Thanks