newbie bought one...how'd i do ?

joe36535

Hi all,

just bought a '93 warrior with a 6 cyl. motor. and onan gen set.

47k miles, 1 year old fridge 2/way, 4 new tires, new inverter, stove and micro never used,

after market awning, wineguard batwing antennae(can u still make use of these ?).

all manuals and up to date service records. every thing works great..... $5600....i think i did a spectacular deal, but what do you pros

think ?

also,

we are wondering ..how long was the longest time you went out ? we are X full timers that had to take a business back and are

waiting now a few years to got back to it...broke our hearts to have to come back to the "real world", but happy to have this unit

to keep us sane.

My wife (just the 2 of us) is saying we can make it for extended stays like 4-6 months in this rig...i kinda doubt it, but i'm willing to try

especially as it is suited to boondocking more than our beloved airstream was.

What's you're feeling ?

thanks to all, this is a great forum

Joe

Hi all,

just bought a '93 warrior with a 6 cyl. motor. and onan gen set.

47k miles, 1 year old fridge 2/way, 4 new tires, new inverter, stove and micro never used,

after market awning, wineguard batwing antennae(can u still make use of these ?).

all manuals and up to date service records. every thing works great..... $5600....i think i did a spectacular deal, but what do you pros

think ?

Wow! You didn't say much about the condition of the coach, roof, window seals, etc., but it sounds pretty spectacular to me. In October, I bought my '92 Warrior 321RL with 28,000 miles, the original Kohler genset (wish I had your Onan - Microlite 2800?), all service records, head gasket recall done, gorgeous condition inside and out. Paid $12,000 and was happy to do it. Based on that, my position has got to be that you did great!

Post some pix!

Very nice deal! 6 months? Do some test rips, couple weeks at a time. You will learn the order of things with the smaller footprint. A week is the longest we have gone. Its the day to day cargo that gets needs to be moved around that's a challenge for me. My wife has other things she deals with. Sounds like your not new to the RV lifestyle just the size. I have spoken with many that have been full time in one of these rigs so I know it can be done!

Welcome.

Assuming there are no serious structural issues, I would say you flat out stole it at 5600. Congrats.

As for a 6 months stretch, I say it is completely doable for a couple, so long as that couple doesn't mind being around each other for extended periods. Basically, it comes down to what you like doing. If you are home bodies, you might get a little tired of it. If you are active and spend most time away from it, you'll do fine.

Give it the 2-3 week test excursions to answer the question for sure.

Congratulations on your new Toy.

About your batwing. I installed a new wingard batwing antenna on my 84 Dolphin with booster. I get more channels on my new digital ready 19in tv, than I get on my basic cable at home. Excellent reception. Of course, it all depends on your location. Sometimes I camp where there is no cell reception, unless you climb the highest river bluffs & call. Now that's campin! :)

Congrats on the new ToyHouse. Sounds like a good deal. Take a careful look at the roof, vents, seams.. A few hours fixing up minor problems with the roof will add years to the life of these Toys (any MH or RV for that matter)

I snicker regarding the post from 84TOYRV

....I get more channels on my new digital ready 19in tv, than I get on my basic cable at home....

Same thing for me.

I installed one of those Giant frisbee TV antennas (Wineguard) on my ToyHouse. I get more channels sitting in the ToyHouse with the frisbee than I do in my living room with a $1000 Antenna and Tower.

I'm considering putting one of those giant frisbees on the TV antenna tower :-)

Wow! :omg: yes you did very good form the sounds of it!! Congratulations! :ThumbUp:

Now come out to the ToyHome Get together/Rally on Vancouver Island this June http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2362 (Read Post #53)

So we can all see it!

Andrew.

Super deal.....congrats!! As for how long you can go out, well, I full time in mine! But then that's me, just me, well and my small dog. Welcome to the forum, maybe you can come to the Indiana rally in October.