2011 October Midwest Toyota Rally - Northern Indiana

bufbooth

Hello All,

A Mid-West Toyota Rally is being held on September 28th (Wednesday) to October 2nd

(Sunday) 2011 in Shipshewana, Indiana, at the Shipshewana North Park campground.

Details are at: www.pwatchsoftware.com\toyotarally\toyota-rally-events.doc

Map is at: www.pwatchsoftware.com\toyotarally\maps.doc

Video from last year’s Toyota Rally is at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcq3JinBVEg

Our group name is "Toyota Rally". The rate is $31 a night for four, and $3 for

each additional person. For reservations call 260-768-7770 and tell them you

are part of the "Toyota Rally". If you have any problems, ask for Jackie. (www.amish.org/Northpark.htm)

The group sites are for water / electric (30amp), dump stations are available,

and one free hour of WiFi per day. To ensure that we all end up with sites

next to each other, we need to make our reservations by August 15th. After you

make your reservations, please send me an email at bufbooth@yahoo.com so I know

how many will be attending, and please include the ages of any children coming

along (so I can plan a few kid related activities). This will also allow me to

put you on a mailing list for monthly updates.

Our cancelation policy is that we can cancel with a two or more day notice

without any cancelation fees, if less than 48 hours notice, one night fee

regardless of the length of the reservation. We get one hour of free WiFi access

per reservation day. We have free use of a building for a pot luck dinner on an

October 1st (Sat night, 5pm - 8pm)

Shipshewana is known for its flea-market (Tue-Wed) and is the largest outdoor flea

market in the Midwest (over 1,000 vendors), and its crafts and antique shops.

Between Elkhart and Shipshewana is Amish country with tons of crafts, antique shops,

and great places to eat, along with Amish Acres (80 acre farm that one can tour and

one of the best family style lunches/Dinners). Elkhart has several RV related

items, Elkhart is the RV capital of the US with a number of factories that one can

tour (Jayco, Dutchmen, Thor Motor, etc). In and around Elkhart is a number of RV

Salvage Yards (Cooper RV Salvage, Elkhart Salvage). Also, for all you Quantum Leap

show fans…Sam was from Elkhart!!!

The plan would be to have a number of optional events to attend as a group, such as

a RV factory tour, Toyota Town Cruise, and maybe lunch/dinner at Amish Acres.

There would still be the usual activities at the campground such as a pot luck dinner,

Toyota Open House, how-to demonstration, pumpkin contest, group camp fire, RV item

swap meet, etc…

Thank you,

Dennis Booth

bufbooth@yahoo.com

H: 317-844-4051

C: 317-590-6525

I'm in, HOWEVER - I work for a large agricultural company and this is toward the end of our Harvest, so If I show up, it may be just a day trip. so I would not require an overnight spot.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Count me in too! I would prefer the second week in October. Thanks a lot for organizing this and let me know if I can do anything to help.

Too soon to prefer dates. Hmm...Northern Indiana. On the way back from last year's rally I used Monday to tour a couple RV surplus parts shops in Elkhart. Very interesting. There are also two more surplus RV parts places 30 miles or so east of Elkhart near White Pigeon, Mich. The change of site will cut my driving miles from 500 down to 250-300. Nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Put me on the list. I do not have Toyota yet but I am looking for one. Former Fleetwood owner so I am a motorhome (memory maker I called it) so I am anxious to return to the life. I also need to check my schedule as I have a KR pilots gathering somewhere around the same time.

I have looled at a couple of toys for sale but the water damage on both bothered me to much to consider buying. Looking Ebay and Craigslist and here everyday for my next RV and first Toy

Put me on the list. I do not have Toyota yet but I am looking for one. Former Fleetwood owner so I am a motorhome (memory maker I called it) so I am anxious to return to the life. I also need to check my schedule as I have a KR pilots gathering somewhere around the same time.

I have looked at a couple of toys for sale but the water damage on both bothered me to much to consider buying. Looking Ebay and Craigslist and here everyday for my next RV and first Toy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Information on the 2011 October Midwest Toyota Rally can be found at:

www.toyotamotorhomes.com/mid-west_toy.htm

Also, by chance a Fall Crafter Fair was just moved to the Rally Weekend, just

a couple miles from the campgrounds. If you are pretty sure you will be

attending the Rally, please make your resevation early.

Fall Crafters Fair – September 29th – October 1st, 9am – 6pm

Downtown Shipshewana: A tribute to Blue Gate Restaurant and Marketplace for creating and crafting what today has become the biggest festival in Shipshewana, the Fall Crafters Fair! The central hub of all crafters center around the Blue Gate, Craft Barn, and Marketplace branching out all around the town of Shipshewana. Quality artisans, quilters, carvers, painter, food vendors, cloggers and musicians of all types will be found among the quaint stores, providing demonstrations, entertainment and more!

www.FallCraftersFair.com

Dennis Booth

• 1 month later...

Lots of the links on your info pages are dead, Dennis. You might want to check them out. I'd like to see more. New owner here in Grand Rapids, Michigan so I could make this.

All the links appear to be working now, please try them again:

http://www.toyotamotorhomes.com/mid-west_toy.htm

http://www.pwatchsoftware.com/toyotarally/toyota-rally-events.doc

www.pwatchsoftware.com\toyotarally\maps.doc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcq3JinBVEg

• 3 weeks later...

Rally Update...

Looks like we have reservations for 10 Toyotas, 1 Cabin, and one or two non-Toyotas (friends of Toyota owners).

Have another 10 folks that stated they would be coming or was pretty sure they were coming, but have not yet made reservations.

I am sure pretty optimistic that we will end up having 18 to 20 Toyotas.

Dennis...

• 2 weeks later...

A Mid-West Toyota Rally is being held on September 28th (Wednesday) to October 2nd (Sunday) 2011

in Shipshewana, Indiana, at the Shipshewana North Park campground.

If you are pretty sure you will be attending and have not yet made reservations, please do so as

soon as possible since after August 15th the campground will not be able to guarantee in putting

us all together. We have a modified cancelation policy which is we can cancel with a two or more

day notice without any cancelation fees, if less than 48 hours notice, one night fee regardless

of the length of the reservation.

Details are at: www.pwatchsoftware.com\toyotarally\toyota-rally-events.doc

Map is at: www.pwatchsoftware.com\toyotarally\maps.doc

Video from last year's Toyota Rally is at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcq3JinBVEg

Our group name is "Toyota Rally". The rate is $31 a night for four, and $3 for each additional person.

For reservations call 260-768-7770 and tell them you are part of the "Toyota Rally".

If you have any problems, ask for Jackie.

(www.amish.org/Northpark.htm)

Dennis Booth

bufbooth@yahoo.com

H: 317-844-4051

C: 317-590-6525

Hello Mike,

Yes, there still are open sites.

Our group name is "Toyota Rally". The rate is $31 a night for four, and $3 for

each additional person. For reservations call 260-768-7770 and tell them you

are part of the "Toyota Rally". If you have any problems, ask for Jackie.

www.amish.org/Northpark.htm)

With your reservation that will give us 13, and we still have about 10 folks

that stated a strong interest, I know at least 2 of them will probably come for

sure so we should have at least 15, I am still hoping for 18 this year.

Dennis...

I'm comin'!

Fri - Sun

Jim White

Grand Rapids MI

84 Dolphin 22R

• 2 weeks later...

looking forward to seeing everyone's rigs, modifications and special features. My treats to show off include Leather Ford King Ranch Seats that have been mated to the original Rader seat tracks, leather couch cushions, replaced the barrel chairs with Bass Boat chairs (kept the old seat bases and brackets and mated them to the bass seats making them weather proof and double duty for outdoors.) and last but certainly not least; real cedar wall paneling and Tiger bamboo flooring.

Things I have done on this Rig and can share knowledge on:

1.) Axle Replacement to 1 ton including custom fabricated shock brackets, and u bolts

2.) Rooftop AC install

3.) replacement of external Light

4.) fabrication replacement of rooftop antennae/roof rack

WOW!! Can't wait to see this one.....sounds like you sure have spent some quality time with your Toy. See you in a couple weeks.

looking forward to seeing everyone's rigs, modifications and special features. My treats to show off include Leather Ford King Ranch Seats that have been mated to the original Rader seat tracks, leather couch cushions, replaced the barrel chairs with Bass Boat chairs (kept the old seat bases and brackets and mated them to the bass seats making them weather proof and double duty for outdoors.) and last but certainly not least; real cedar wall paneling and Tiger bamboo flooring.

Things I have done on this Rig and can share knowledge on:

1.) Axle Replacement to 1 ton including custom fabricated shock brackets, and u bolts

2.) Rooftop AC install

3.) replacement of external Light

4.) fabrication replacement of rooftop antennae/roof rack

I am going to try and attend, have to confirm after this weekend.

Remember that its is in Amish country, when those nice folks come up behind our motorhomes pull aside and let the line of buggys by!! LOL, just kiddin- they arent THAT slow!!!!

One thing might be interesting to do; if we all wrote up what our rigs had in them, the basic mechanical data, and then what we have done to them/ what special equipment is installed. Put it on an 8 1/2 by 11 and tape it to a window. Instant info and launching places for discussion. :ThumbUp:

post-5274-0-67576400-1316192765_thumb.jp

I'm also going to try and make it. I'm in the middle of fall harvest and work 16 hour days 7 days a week until all the crop is in (usually the first week of October). But never plan anything until after 15 Oct.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I hope I can still make it. I had what I thought to be dead alternator with the charge light on and another red light; both batteries died while we were driving to cedar point. I actually replaced the alternator in 45 minutes after scoring one at auto zone... everything ran great for 10 more miles then started blowing engine fuse 15 amp in fuse panel under dash. blows fuse the minute the car starts. I'm not sure whats wrong, could be battery isolator or if more unlucky a shhort somewhere. sucks to have pulled an indy 500 repair so quick only to lose the rig to the short. lost my prepaid cedar point camp sitereservations and tickets for weekend forfeited. SUCKS. did make it home after buying new battery. Anyone ever see this>?

I hope I can still make it. I had what I thought to be dead alternator with the charge light on and another red light; both batteries died while we were driving to cedar point. I actually replaced the alternator in 45 minutes after scoring one at auto zone... everything ran great for 10 more miles then started blowing engine fuse 15 amp in fuse panel under dash. blows fuse the minute the car starts. I'm not sure whats wrong, could be battery isolator or if more unlucky a shhort somewhere. sucks to have pulled an indy 500 repair so quick only to lose the rig to the short. lost my prepaid cedar point camp sitereservations and tickets for weekend forfeited. SUCKS. did make it home after buying new battery. Anyone ever see this>?

update;

turned out to be battery isolator. I will move my findings to electrical and do full write up see yall there!

update;

turned out to be battery isolator. I will move my findings to electrical and do full write up see yall there!

another update, new isolator blows engine fuse if battery 2 connected; i think i am narrowing this down to battery 2/ cab 12 volt supply or charge lines. if it were a 12 v light ot fridge wouldngt blow a 12 fuse for cab?

guages in cab were the culprit i think. small green and white wire that lights up LEDs showing fresh grey and blak water as well as battery status shorts the engine battery when connected to battery two. weird. disconnected them problem solved, water pump was on seperate switch anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

HI All:

I just bought an '85 Escaper and will be driving through Indiana on my way to Ohio to get a full floater axle on Saturday. So I won't be in my Escaper, but will be in a Camry wagon. I hope to stop in and say Hi and Thanks to all the people who have given me such good information.

Mark L.