LED replacement bulbs

RVdaytrader

looking to buy LEDs to replace incandecent bulbs in my seabreeze lights....saw these and wondering if anyone has tried them, or other ones, in their MH...here is link

http://www.ledtraile.../rv/RV-1141.htm would save big on battery draw if they give decent light!

I've been using some led lights in my rig for the past year. Unfortunately I bought some of the early "blue" ones that have a color temperature of about 6000 degrees Kelvin (cloudless daylight is 5600K) I'm shifting to the ones that you are considering that look more like what we are used to, (3200 Kelvin) which equates to ' warm white'.

After putting in the led's that I have been using I have seen a significant reduction in the draw on my house battery. They are probably worth the money (under $11/bulb) if you find the ones that have the color temperature that you are comfortable with. Led's are supposed to last forever but I'd only buy from US sources. China is flooding the market. Know what color temperature you want, warm or cool before you order. Ask the sales representative about that color temperature,

Dave

I've been using some led lights in my rig for the past year. Unfortunately I bought some of the early "blue" ones that have a color temperature of about 6000 degrees Kelvin (cloudless daylight is 5600K) I'm shifting to the ones that you are considering that look more like what we are used to, (3200 Kelvin) which equates to ' warm white'.

After putting in the led's that I have been using I have seen a significant reduction in the draw on my house battery. They are probably worth the money (under $11/bulb) if you find the ones that have the color temperature that you are comfortable with. Led's are supposed to last forever but I'd only buy from US sources. China is flooding the market. Know what color temperature you want, warm or cool before you order. Ask the sales representative about that color temperature,

Dave

I replaced all the interior lights in my MH with LEDs I custom made the housings and they are flush mounted. I did a current test on the bench and found that I could use 13 LEDs before I matched the current draw of one 1156 bulb. The replacement you picked out are 3500K that’s pretty close to the stock bulb color temp. The one thing you need to watch is the lumans buying LEDs by wattage is not the best method as far as output is concerned. The higher the lumans the greater the light output. The ones you pick out are rated pretty high at 252 the 1156 bulb is rated about 400 so it is not as much light but I found it’s no big deal they still provide enough light mine are only rated 120 lumans and are enough light for our needs.

Maineah,

That is not nice to throw out the " custom made the housings and they are flush mounted" and then just drop it there...

We need photo's & details! Links!

I want to make some, too.

Thanks

John

Maineah,

That is not nice to throw out the " custom made the housings and they are flush mounted" and then just drop it there...

We need photo's & details! Links!

I want to make some, too.

Thanks

John

OK the LEDs came from--http://www.superbrightleds.com/ mine are 10 chip LEDs they now make a 15. Idrilled a 1 1/8" hole in the aluminum plate and pressed the LED into the plate (finger tight glue might help)then added a small switch and connected it to the existing wiring I did have to make a bit larger hole to except the switch/LED in the wood work.

post-669-038763300 1291562494_thumb.jpg

Oops I should have used the advanced loader here is another picture of two mounted over the table.

post-669-095145700 1291562647_thumb.jpg