4x4 Sunrader year of manufacture

CMooreMotors

Hi All,

I need to find proof of what year this sunrader was made and I have not come up with much so far, In New Zealand emission laws stop any 1990 onwards vehicles being registered and this one was first reged in Japan in 1990 and thats all the info I have so far, so no good for me unless I can find proof it was manufactured before that date, any help would be much appreciated. Chasiss number is RN61-0063367

Cheers Cary

http://www.motorhome...ux_sunrader.htm

Find the VIN, it should be on the firewall or visible through the front window, in the corner of the dash.

The 10th digit is the year.

1990 is L.

1989 is K.

1988 is J.

1987 is H, and so on

First year of current VIN system is 1980 and it is A

So A-K is good for you.

Not sure how they register vehicles in NZ. Here it's generally based on the Toyota portion. Because of this it's not uncommon to find, for example, a 1989 Toyota with the motorhome portion built in 1990. Seems the motorhome manufactures would typically buy a batch of Toyota chassis and then pull them inside from the back lot and build the 'home' at their leisure. So I'd imagine it should be pretty easy to convince the Authorities to base their assessment on the older Toyota portion. On top of this, working in your favour, would be a reasonably long transit time to Japan. Hopefully it was the 'slow boat'.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi All,

I need to find proof of what year this sunrader was made and I have not come up with much so far, In New Zealand emission laws stop any 1990 onwards vehicles being registered and this one was first reged in Japan in 1990 and thats all the info I have so far, so no good for me unless I can find proof it was manufactured before that date, any help would be much appreciated. Chasiss number is RN61-0063367

Cheers Cary

http://www.motorhome...ux_sunrader.htm

This body style was only produced until 1988. In 1989 Toyota made major changes to the frame and body style. Any Toyota dealer should be able to give you info to verify this. Also Gardiner Pacific didn't make any 4x4's after 1988 because if they did they would have used a 6 cylinder chassis. I trust yours is a 4 cylinder 22re engine.

Linda S

If the top of the dash is flat it's 88< if it's curved it's an 89>. Lots of the older RVs were not dated until they were registered so the truck was usually older then the motor home.