Pacific NW Spring Rally II, 2011, Central Washington State

dogre

What would you like to see be included in a "Rally" in central Washington state, the weekend of May 14-16, 2011?

My wish list for such a rally. In no particular order:

Sites that are grassy, treed if possible and a reasonable size. I really don't like places where I feel like I'm in a Walmart parking lot.

Full hookups if at all possible.

Something interesting to do or see in the local area.

On or near water is always nice.

Far enough away from busy highways that you don't have a lot of noisy trucks going by all night.

A "family" environment where loud partiers are kept under control by campground staff.

Clean and well run campground.

That would probably work. We have never been to a rally would be fun.

What would you like to see be included in a "Rally" in central Washington state, the weekend of May 14-16, 2011?

Full Hook-Up Sites

Swimming Pool

Mini Water Slides

60 Person Spa

Wi-Fi

Fiber Optic Connection

Pull - thrus for Big Rigs

Playground

Volleyball Area

Horseshoe Pit

Picnic Tables

Restrooms with Showers

Laundry Facilities

Small Store

Video Games

Pool Table

Ping-Pong

Air-Conditioned Clubhouse

Hey you asked... :)

This Place sounds great, my kids would love the Mini Water Slides :ThumbUp:

Link:

http://www.parksandcampgrounds.com/bin/return.php?pi=REGIONAL-CONTENT&ci=pac&fl=&ft=&sn=WASHINGT&id=1233940&ct=MAIN&noframes=&desturl=http://click.parksandcampgrounds.com/345555555DFG/http://www.suncrestresort.com

:first:

Since I asked the question, "What would you like to see..." I should have known what to beware of. I could handle almost all of the requested items in my backyard but my hot tub only holds 23 people and I don't put water in my waterslide until after Memorial Day.

Perhaps something more realistic could be considered. I stayed in a National Park Service campground (Spring Canyon, just about a mile above the Grand Coulee Dam) last October. It has a group area that can be reserved and I am presently attempting to secure it. It is presently available for the weekend of May 14-16. There is a lake (Roosevelt) a hundred yards away, clean bathrooms with showers, no electricity, and a cost of about $10 per night per site. Trees, grass, sandy beach, fishing, boat marina, one of the world's largest concrete dams very nearby, great geology all around. More information available at www.nps.gov/laro/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm

I could figure out a "slip and slide" for kids but it might be a bit cool that early in the year.

Your realistic thoughts? Does this site seem like somewhere you might want to camp?

Dave

This park does sound nice, but given my 'druthers, I'd prefer somewhere with full hookups. Our holding tanks seem to fill up awfully fast, or maybe our gauge shows them fuller than they are. But it does make me uncomfortable when the levels are "in the red" and it's a major pain to unhook everything and go searching for a sanidump. Cheers to all, Wayne

Hi Ron and Sue

Well, it seems that the last week of June 2011 suits some peoples' schedules. I did offer to act as a coordinator for this and I'm still quite happy to do so. I'll send out a message in early May and ask for interest at that point. I plan to ask the Living Forest campground to set aside the appropriate number of sites for such a get-together and then advise everyone to deal directly with the campground to make their individual bookings. Not a lot to do in the meantime. I hope people will look at this reply and go to the "other" Pacific NW rally folder if they are just hearing about this Vancouver Island/June 2011 planned event. Wayne

• 4 weeks later...

First of all a big thanks to Dave for being one of the unofficial "Toy In" leaders for the North West. We met Dave last year and the man is certainly a big fan of the Toyota Motorhome, and more importantly the folks who own one.

I would love to attend a Toy In this summer, that's if my wife finally retires. If she does pull the plug, we should have some flexibility as to dates.

After reading your posts above it would be a miracle if a hand full of owners can get together. Everyone has different requirements, and availability dates. I like Dave's suggestion of Spring Canyon, however we are one of the difficult ones, as we need electrics (12v or 110) for a medical device. I don't think our camp neighbours would appreciate listening to our genset roaring away while we recharge a deep batt.

Ron (YVR)

Edited by YVR

• 3 months later...

Hi All: I am writing to find out if the Spring Rally at Sun Lakes Resort, May 14-16, 2011, is going ahead. I have not seen much info about it since earlier this year. Are there some reserved parking places and are others going to be there? I see, there's a fishing derby on May 14. By mid-May the weather should improve significantly. Last week, It was snowing on Snoqualmie Pass and while not freezing on the roads, was pretty miserable driving. Thanks. Sue

Sue, I proposed this gathering but couldn't get consensus so I gave up attempting to herd cats. Sorry. I'll be camping somewhere in Central Washington that weekend.

Dave in Chelan

Thanks. I thought it was a good idea. Nice time to be in Central or E WA. I expected to work on my little Bandit motorhome over the winter, but was stuck on a house remodel. I am now gearing up to get the MH ready for a test run the middle of May. Sorry that the Toy-In is not happening. Maybe some other time. Sue

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. I thought it was a good idea. Nice time to be in Central or E WA. I expected to work on my little Bandit motorhome over the winter, but was stuck on a house remodel. I am now gearing up to get the MH ready for a test run the middle of May. Sorry that the Toy-In is not happening. Maybe some other time. Sue

Hi Sue,

Why not make Van. Isle, B.C. part of your test run? We'd love to see you! Tacoma is not all that far away.

Ron 'n Sue

Vancouver Island