Am I nuts ??

gpchoochoo

This may be much ado about nothing.

By the time my alt has recharged the truck battery and the regulator is happy. The same voltage is sent through an isolator and a CB to recharge the house battery. It does not over charge the AGM battery. The solar panel regulator has an absorption, float function to top things off.

If I leave home with the house battery at full charge, drive for 8 hr and dry camp for 3 days, drive home. My AC powered smart charger still goes into the bulk mode for several hours before it goes to float.

I use the stock Toy Alt so it takes awhile to charge an 105ah AGM Trojan battery. The battery is going on its 4th year..

This may be much ado about nothing.

By the time my alt has recharged the truck battery and the regulator is happy. The same voltage is sent through an isolator and a CB to recharge the house battery. It does not over charge the AGM battery. The solar panel regulator has an absorption, float function to top things off.

If I leave home with the house battery at full charge, drive for 8 hr and dry camp for 3 days, drive home. My AC powered smart charger still goes into the bulk mode for several hours before it goes to float.

I use the stock Toy Alt so it takes awhile to charge an 105ah AGM Trojan battery. The battery is going on its 4th year..

According to the Trojan web site they don't make a 105 AH AGM battery. They make other size AGM but not 105AH. 105 AH are wet cell battery. So what are we talking about here?

Have a great day

GP

OK so memory is not what it used to be. Its a 31 size 100 AH AGM.

The solar panel is 62W

OK so memory is not what it used to be. Its a 31 size 100 AH AGM.

The solar panel is 62W

Well the memory thing I can deal with ok cause I figure I wont know I forgot it , it's the dang eye thing that kicks my butt (besides a foot).

And ya know it seems everything ya need to do is right at the tweener range when ya just can't see it for poop. And then there the neck strain

from try'n to get the bifocol in range. I think I might have to pay someone to hold extra glasses so I can swap them out as needed.

They would also be able to tell me where the tool I just laid down ran off too. Seems I spend half my time looking for what was just in my hand 2 seconds before.

I thought about solar but I,am not sure here in Maryland it would be worth it. Not enough sun 1/2 the year. And we use the Toy for hiking and often am parked in the woods.

What part of the world do you use your solar panel WME ?

Have a great day

GP

I spend most of my time camping in large open meadows right on the edge of the forest (just goofing off),or camping along side of a river or stream (fishing).

Lots of open for the solar to work just fine, also at 7-10,000 ft the sun is brighter so the panels works even better.

I'm in the Rockies in Wyoming.

WME

P.S. Fishing is not goofing off, its hard work. :D

I spend most of my time camping in large open meadows right on the edge of the forest (just goofing off),or camping along side of a river or stream (fishing).

Lots of open for the solar to work just fine, also at 7-10,000 ft the sun is brighter so the panels works even better.

I'm in the Rockies in Wyoming.

WME

P.S. Fishing is not goofing off, its hard work. :D

Man I am jealous !!!!!! I have to make due with the old wore away Appalachian Mountains over here on the right coast.

But the place we really want to get to is southern Utah. Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches State Park and places like that.

Hopefully we will get out that way before too long. We went to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia Nat parks in Oct. 09 and loved it there.

Well the non tourist parts anyways.

Good Luck fishing and have a great day

GP