Airbags for a 1982 Toyota Dolphin - Impossible to find?

The rear end of my '82 Dolphin is sagging to the point where I hit the rear bumper going in and out of gas stations. It seems that there are no air bags available to fit my vehicle which is ironic being that it is the older vehicles that are most likely to have sagging springs. Has anybody here had any luck raising the back end of their 79-83 Toyota motorhome?

I'm surprised to hear that you can't find air springs for your '82. I'd have thought that all year Toyotas would be similar enough that they'd fit all years. My 'homes are newer. Perhaps someone with one from your era will offer their input.

Another solution would be to get your existing springs re-arched and perhaps a leaf or two added.

Well, hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about (i.e. not me) will happen along.

Does your home have the 1-Tonne rear axle and springs installed? I wonder if you couldn't just use the air spring kit for the '87 pickup. Remember (I think) that the 1-Tonne dualie didn't exist in '82. If the frame design didn't change between '82 and '87, then you've basically got an '87, at least as far as the rear suspension is concerned.

Well, hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about (i.e. not me) will happen along.

Does your home have the 1-Tonne rear axle and springs installed? I wonder if you couldn't just use the air spring kit for the '87 pickup. Remember (I think) that the 1-Tonne dualie didn't exist in '82. If the frame design didn't change between '82 and '87, then you've basically got an '87, at least as far as the rear suspension is concerned.

I do have the bigger, full floating axle. That's something to think about. I'll photograph it. Thanks.

I have the air-lifts on our 91. The listing only goes back to 86 but I can not imagine they would not work on an 83. It would be clearance problems with things on the frame or exhaust etc. You might give airlift a call and see what they say, such as why will they not bolt in etc. Here is the link to the page for the toy mh bags. http://shop.airliftcompany.com/product/287073/57113/_/LoadLifter_5000%3B_Leaf_Spring_Leveling_Kit The pic is exactly what you get. Oddly when you google the part number many sites show different parts such as the top bracket. The air lift site does show the correct pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

The rear end of my '82 Dolphin is sagging to the point where I hit the rear bumper going in and out of gas stations. It seems that there are no air bags available to fit my vehicle which is ironic being that it is the older vehicles that are most likely to have sagging springs. Has anybody here had any luck raising the back end of their 79-83 Toyota motorhome?

You might try and see if these will work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Air-Lift-57113-TOYOTA-MICRO-MINI-MOTORHOME-/330388922964?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cecb6e254

I had a hard time finding bags for my 91 Warrior. They are apparently not making them anymore and this fellow on E-bay was the only guy I could find them from.

• 3 weeks later...

You might try and see if these will work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4cecb6e254

I had a hard time finding bags for my 91 Warrior. They are apparently not making them anymore and this fellow on E-bay was the only guy I could find them from.

Those will work. Just installed them on an 87, and they fit my 82 as well. They are available through a variety of places. Including Ebay, Amazon, SuspensionConnection, Jegs , and the list goes on.

• 2 weeks later...

I think 3t's & firestone are the 2 games in town. The 3t's were used on the 92-93 winnie warriors/itasca spirits. They bolt on in front of the where the axle would hit the spot if you bottomed out the suspension.

they can be put on with out any special tools.

http://3tsrv.com/Pro...repair_kits.htm

3-T's RV Products, Inc.

1055 Empire Drive

Lake Havasu City, AZ 86404

928-453-3040 fax 928-453-3140