Refrigerator thermastat

I have the Dometic 875 model, common in the 90's Toys, but have forgotten which way is colder :Poster_oops:.....the lower number or the higher number???

The higher one but remember it only works when plugged in not on gas or 12 volt. Mine will freeze stuff on gas if the temp is in the 40's over night.

Are you sure about that? I think that it may adjust the flame on gas too.

I may be wrong :)

Henry

The higher one but remember it only works when plugged in not on gas or 12 volt. Mine will freeze stuff on gas if the temp is in the 40's over night.

Some of the newer electronic units do work on the thermostat because they actually turn on and off and relight the gas electronically. But I don't believe they were standard in any of the Toyota's.

Some of the newer electronic units do work on the thermostat because they actually turn on and off and relight the gas electronically. But I don't believe they were standard in any of the Toyota's.

Have a 91 RM 2401, mine has no numbers, it has a scaled width lines, the wider the line the colder. 40 degree nights here will easily bring it down into the 20's unless I remember to set it to a warmer temp. My refer has a pilot that is always on when on gas and the thermostat works both for gas and electric modes.

Pay no attention to me I have no ideal what I am talking about. I just dismantled my fridge and both 12 volt and 120 volt have thermostat control I still can’t see how the gas is regulated maybe that is why mine freezes every thing the control have no effect on the flame maybe the height of the flame does drop back when it cools off. But yes more bars or numbers is cooler.

Pay no attention to me I have no ideal what I am talking about. I just dismantled my fridge and both 12 volt and 120 volt have thermostat control I still can't see how the gas is regulated maybe that is why mine freezes every thing the control have no effect on the flame maybe the height of the flame does drop back when it cools off. But yes more bars or numbers is cooler.

Ive never taken a mirror and watched the flame, probably because the call for cooling (high flame) is long in duration so I do not know if the flame size is linear or just on and off with the call for cooling. My guess is its on and off.

Ive never taken a mirror and watched the flame, probably because the call for cooling (high flame) is long in duration so I do not know if the flame size is linear or just on and off with the call for cooling. My guess is its on and off.

Well it has no way of relighting at least mine does not I'm going to wait until it's cool outside in the morning and pull the little cover off and see if the flame is smaller it does look like the shaft goes to the gas valve but I can't tell for sure.

Ok the shaft does go to the valve and it is controlled by a thermostat there is a bypass valve inside of the main valve assembly that allows the flame to go to low setting by reducing the pressure through the bypass valve wicked complex device that includes a laser drilled ruby orifice! Now to find out if mine actually works! All one would ever want to know about how their fridge works http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Mandiag.pdf