monitor panels

I think its about time I replace my monitor panel. Awhile back Maineah spoke of installing a SeeLevel II unit but the weather back then was still too cold to hook up the sensors. Hey Maineah how does it work now? Do the sensors give a pretty accurate reading? Easy to install? I have found a great dry camping spot only 2 hours away at 7800' elvation here in Arizona where the temps only hit 83 today, while it is 108 at my house, but I need to be able to know the levels in the fresh and grey tanks easier than by crawling around on the ground.

Most of the time the sensors give bad readings because the connections get rusty and or corroded. Even splices in the wires need to be taken apart and soldered. Resistance in a connection will throw off the panel reading. Panels usually have a zero adjustment. With the black and grey water fill them and zero the reading to full. With the fresh water empty it and zero it to empty. But all the connections have to be good.

Well let me tell you about the See Level gauges. If you have any issues with the light system junk them and install the See Level system they are fantastic I can't say any thing bad about them from ease of install to accuracy. We went camping for a week and I watched the gauges carefully and doing a little math they were with in 2% in all the tanks in other words I could account for all the water. They read in % not 25% + or - with the lights they only use two wires and are very easy to retro fit. They don't foul because they are outside of the tanks they don't corrode and they work on all plastic tanks. They have a pump switch built in and are in just about any configuration you might ask for. I did think about one issue if you buy one with a propane gauge it won't work on the Toy because the original tank has no float gauge. If any one is interested I have some pictures and can give you hints on the install bottom line they can't be beat if you really want to know what's in your tanks.

Well let me tell you about the See Level gauges. If you have any issues with the light system junk them and install the See Level system they are fantastic I can't say any thing bad about them from ease of install to accuracy. We went camping for a week and I watched the gauges carefully and doing a little math they were with in 2% in all the tanks in other words I could account for all the water. They read in % not 25% + or - with the lights they only use two wires and are very easy to retro fit. They don't foul because they are outside of the tanks they don't corrode and they work on all plastic tanks. They have a pump switch built in and are in just about any configuration you might ask for. I did think about one issue if you buy one with a propane gauge it won't work on the Toy because the original tank has no float gauge. If any one is interested I have some pictures and can give you hints on the install bottom line they can't be beat if you really want to know what's in your tanks.

Those do look like really sweet readers. Definitely on my list! Is this the one you are talking about http://www.adventurerv.net/level-tank-monitor-p-536.html?osCsid=8pv0rkbqm2d8nvn8qra63m4l20

Where's your house (so I can avoid it) and where's your secret location (so I can go there). I don't think we broke 50 degrees here today.

I am out in the desert north of Phoenix and summers here are not for everyone. Its nice to be able to escape the heat on weekends and my new found spot is Mingus Mountain near Jerome. There is a hang glider launch site nearby and a drop of 2600' into the Verde Valley below. Cool ponderosa forest with a great view. Anyone who wants to make fun of my summers should think about the other nine months when you might be buried in snow and I can fire up my BBQ. In winter I can go 2 hours north and crosscountry ski and still BBQ that night.

Seamus McShank

Those do look like really sweet readers. Definitely on my list! Is this the one you are talking about http://www.adventurerv.net/level-tank-monitor-p-536.html?osCsid=8pv0rkbqm2d8nvn8qra63m4l20

This is the one I bought because the price was marked down about 50% http://www.rvupgradestore.com/detail_712LT__118.html I don't have a water heater that I could use the other switch for but it may some day do some thing else and it does have a water pump switch that I needed. The propane reader will work for 500 ohms or 5000 ohms I have this ideal in the back of my mind to tie it into the gas tank sender so I would know how much fuel I had to run my generator. I called the store and asked how come so cheap and they told me See Level was over stocked with that model and told them to sell them at half price. Take a look at your meter wiring and I think you'll find a gray, brown, and blue wire and a bunch of other wires of various colors tied together as you might guess the gray etc. tag the tanks so the wiring is there for the taking.

post-669-12760433981909_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Yes it came with all the sensors and let me tell you they are ultra sticky so it would be a good ideal to leave the tape on the back and use masking tape if you need to test your placement. The instructions are very good and you need to follow them to a "T". I did have a sensor fail so I emailed See Level (turns out the email goes to one of the owners!) I had no paper work just told them I had recently bought the unit and they shipped me a new one no questions asked great product great service. PM me if you decide to buy one and I'll explain how to use the existing wiring it's a little involved.

More questions; Did you have to cut the sensors? My BWT, and GWT are only 5" at the longest point. I did speak with the company and they said they will do a swap to the sensors made for 6" and below tanks, so that may work out.

I plan on using new wiring, the stuff in my Sunrader is hosed. Does the kit come with new wire as well?

Thanks a bunch, the price on this unit is way cool! I do not need the water heater switch yet, but do need the water pump one, so that is a big plus.

If your wiring is still there it's not real hard to reuse it lot easier then running new ones. Sorry no wires with the kit if you decide on new wires buy two conductor wire you'll need two for the sensors. Good deal on the sensors they really are a great co. They may have to be cut if they are too long just read the directions and cut them in the right place

I went ahead and ordered the System. I do hae wiring going to the tanks, but I will need to evaluate how good it still is.

The price on that unit is really good. The company said when I get the System to give them a call, and they will give me a RMA for my sensors and send me the short ones that will work on my tanks.

I have a few more things to do before the System will go in, but the price was good enough for me to move on it now.

Thanks again!

My system came in today!! It will be awhile before I get to put it in, but at least I have it.

SeeLevel is an awesome company to work with!

I got the good deal the Maineah got, and they replaced the whole system out for me to one that will work with my 5" tanks. No charge, no goofing around, just made the switch.

If you are thinking of a system, I would look no where else but to SeeLevel!!!

• 5 weeks later...

1986 Toyota Sunland Express..........monitor panel seems to work..........shows coach battery condition, but since I just brought it home from the dealer it is still winterized........water tank empty, black and gray empty..............monitor doesn't show this, but where are the sensors? or the wires going to the tanks? HELP!!! Need any information out there. Owner said wires and contacts probably just needed to be cleaned up etc...............but you know car dealers. It's pretty good shape for 25 yrs old. Made it home from Michigan, about 600 miles..............15 MPG one stretch, 13 in the mountains. Peddeling as hard as I could!!!!

Need to know about how to clean up the connections and where they might be? Thanks for any help. Bob

I know SRB could probably help me, but I hate bugging him about everything..............He's helped me so much already I'm embarrased to ask for anything else. Bob

The stock system has 4 sensor per tank and they are inside of the tank with terminals on the outside so they are all suspect and it will be hard to trouble shoot your system with nothing in them. The black tank can screw up with some thing as simple as tp on the sensor. The best a stock system can do is a 25% guess they are not exactly accurate. Congrats on your new Toy!

• 4 months later...