Hi, i have a 1989 v6 toyota warrior 57 000 mi and the engine have a ruff idle engine and consumed a pint of colant every 5 000 mi. Someone tell me that its probably the head gasket. Do you think its the head gasket, do you have these problem on your rig's. If you have done the job, how much it cost to you ? I have hear on the forum some stuff about burn valve... I fear that the bill for the repair will be high.

Toyota may fit it for nothing worth a try. (not a burnt valve though).

If I read this right a pint of fluid in 5000 thousand miles not much, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the worst thing without checking it out more, of course with my luck??

Hi, i have a 1989 v6 toyota warrior 57 000 mi and the engine have a ruff idle engine and consumed a pint of colant every 5 000 mi. Someone tell me that its probably the head gasket. Do you think its the head gasket, do you have these problem on your rig's. If you have done the job, how much it cost to you ? I have hear on the forum some stuff about burn valve... I fear that the bill for the repair will be high.

Get a compression tester and check the compression. Look at the spark plugs and compare them. They should all look the same. Radiator fluid can leak from many different spots, and sometimes only under pressure and if onto a hot surface may never reach the ground. Compression test!! Your miss could just be a bad plug wire, fouled injector, valves needing adjustment etc and the water consumption a different problem.

If I read this right a pint of fluid in 5000 thousand miles not much, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the worst thing without checking it out more, of course with my luck??

Personally my feeling is there should be no radiator fluid consumption even at 10000 miles. Or in other words my V6 never needs water. A pint in these cooling systems is allot.