No 12-Volt Power--Shoreline Only

hiltsp

1991 21 ft Winnebago Warrior

I'm a new owner. Actually bought it for my dad.

I tested all internal appliances, while on shoreline. All fine.

I didn't test while off shoreline.

I have located battery next to door. It appears to be connected properly.

I have located control panel under couch, both breakers are on.

I have an aftermarket toggle switch on left of dash near drivers door. It isn't labeled. When the truck light are on, it has a light in up switch and no light down. I have tried it both ways, but I infer that up = on. I can't tell what it's wired to...

I get no lights or any other system power in coach except when on shoreline.

The battery is a deep cycle Everlast. It looks fairly new. The unit is immaculate. It runs very well. The previous owner says the 12-Volt worked for him.

Where do I start looking?

TIA

Peter

Check the house battery for 12v+.

The coach does not run off 110v (except the refer) all the lights and water pump are 12v. The converter takes the 110ac and makes it 12v. Some converters have a relay to switch from the 12v battery to 12v from 110v.

Unhook the AC and the 12v batteries and check to see if your converter has a stuck/bad relay.

Thanks :D. I picked up a circuit tester and verified that the coach battery was drained dead.

After charging on the 110, it is working fine.

Now I'm learning about the advantages/disadvantages of a charger versus converter.

Pete

Thanks :D. I picked up a circuit tester and verified that the coach battery was drained dead.

After charging on the 110, it is working fine.

Now I'm learning about the advantages/disadvantages of a charger versus converter.

Pete

Most of the stock charger/converters are not very good battery chargers. You might look to see if some thing was left on that may have killed the battery. It also should charge when you drive. a good shop should be able to load test the battery to see if it's OK. A lot of advancements have been made in the design of charger/converters some of the units in the Toy homes can be up graded to a modern unit fairly easy. Try bestconverter.com good bunch quite helpful.