Northern Breeze Fan by Ventline

Sunshine Works

Hi,

I am taking my overhead air conditioner out, as I never use it.

I wanted to put a Northern Breeze fan in, which is what I had in my previous Dolphin Toy.

When I called Ventline, they told me they no longer manufacture the Northern Breeze reversible fans, due to too many problems. They only sell fans that vent to the outside.

Any suggestions for a strong reversible fan that is at least as good as the Northern Breeze?

Thanks,

Catherine

1990 Odyssey Newport 4x4

Fan-tastic Fan

• 1 month later...

They still show their products online http://www.ventline....northern_breeze, someone must be asleep at the wheel or else they better take their web site offline. Anyhow here is another option http://www.go-rv.com...979&pageNum=187

and another http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page?pagePrev=TRUE&dealerId=1979&pageNum=185

Hi,

I have a 93 Dolphin and installed a fantastic-fan in the bathroom this summer. It was fairly easy to install. As for the trim piece you simply cut the depth of it to fit your roof thickness.

Barb

Thanks everyone. Do you all recommend the one with intake and exhaust or just exhaust, thermostate or not, etc.?

Ranger

Thanks everyone. Do you all recommend the one with intake and exhaust or just exhaust, thermostate or not, etc.?

Ranger

All of the above plus if you can afford it the automatic open and close and the auto close rain sensor model. I have both the cheaper Fantastic and a more expensive northern breeze. The fantastic is only a 3 speed fan. Low speed is still somewhat fast and does make some fan noise thats noticible in quiet enviroments. It was my first purchase. I then found a great deal on a northern breeze, about $160 with all the bells and whistles except remote control or remote head. The difference is I just hit the on switch and it automatically opens with out me having to crank a knob. Even better is the fan speed control. It can be adjusted down to an almost completely quiet sound and still move air. The rain sensor is a plus and it does work. There are models which have a remote head where the controls are mounted on a wall and another with a remote control.

Anyhow its too bad Ventline has decided to stop making them. I think they are a good fan. So no matter which manufacture you choose my opinion is get one at least with a variable speed control (not 3 speed) and intake and exhaust. Oh and I moved the fantastic to the bathroom.

I, too, chose to remove the air conditioner from my Toy, as soon as I bought it. I put in a tinted manual vent in it's place. Lots more light, more headroom, and lots of needless weight off Cricket's roof. No regrets.

Do these motorized fans have a feature to manually open or close them in the event of a system failure?

Tudy

84 Dolphin " Cricket "

I, too, chose to remove the air conditioner from my Toy, as soon as I bought it. I put in a tinted manual vent in it's place. Lots more light, more headroom, and lots of needless weight off Cricket's roof. No regrets.

Do these motorized fans have a feature to manually open or close them in the event of a system failure?

Tudy

84 Dolphin " Cricket "

Yes they do. And my Fantastic (non auto open and close) shuts off when the lid is in the down position. Here is a bad thing with my Fantastic (maybe something is wrong with it) I discovered that if you reverse direction (1n/out) while its running that it will blow its fuse. The northern Breeze and I would guess any of the auto fans shuts itself down when you switch directions and restarts the fan only when it has completely stopped spinning. I only have 3 problems with the northern breeze. One the on light stopped lighting. Not sure if its a bulb or led. 2 & 3 I am a Ham Radio operator and I found that my UHF 440 MHz radio will cause the fan to run at full speed during transmit. RF is getting into the electronics and making it go goofy. The other part (3) is that it generates some weird noise across some of the bands I operate on. Its motor noise and something else. The fantastic also causes noise but its just its motor causing it.

"I discovered that if you reverse direction (1n/out) while its running that it will blow its fuse."

your motor on the fan is like a generator, if it is still spinning it is generating current, try waiting until it is barely spinning as it has less momentum and will probably work then. it is not broken though.