Not without having the frame reinforced. Many people put generators on hitch racks without beefing things up. Personally that seems really foolish to me. Talk to a welder and see what they say.

I have a 1981 Toyota Sunrader and need to know if I can haul a trail bike on the back without damages? The bike weights approx. 230lbs.

Best bet is a properly reinforced hitch and a trailer

A trailer will be better than hanging the bike on the bumper but as WME said - reinforcement. is the key to happiness. A reputable welding shop can probably look at it and create something or at least say Y or N. The problem with hanging a bike on the bumper is the leverage force that is applied when you hit bumps and ruff road. On most rigs that bumper and extension is along way from the original truck frame.

• 4 months later...

i think a lightweight trailer is a much better idea. the problem is not the 230 lbs. that's just one well fed person. the problem is 230 lbs cantilevered off the back.

i am thinking of picking up a lightweight trailer from harbor freight. a brand new one can be had for under 200 bucks.