extension cord

shaunydaun

If I am plugging up to regular house outlet, do I need a special extension cord or will a household one work?  

I have an add on for my cord that allows it to be plugged into two types of power.  Anybody have a guide so I can understand the different names/types of power?  I recently parked in a park that had only 50 (?watt?) and my cord didn't work for that.  Can I buy an extender?  

So at that park, they just let me park by the office and ran an extension cord out to me.  What are your thoughts on this?

Household extension cord of heavy gauge will work (10 gauge is best), and you may need a special plug adapter if you don’t have one yet. Note: If you plan on using roof AC, better make sure that nothing else is running on the circuit where your extension is plugged in, or it will likely trip the breaker. 

50A vs 30A refers to the amount of current that is available, and our rigs typically only need 30 amp service because we don’t have large power requirements. (Both 50A and 30A are standard 120 volts so you can technically connect to either, but the plugs do differ… so another adapter is needed, if you go that route.)

Someone else will chime in if I’ve missed anything 😁

Thank you so much for these responses.  Another electricity related question.  The radio only works when the key is turned to acc when engine is not running.  Will this run the battery down?  Does being plugged into shore power affect this?  

Radio is run off of truck battery. If left on long enough it will run it down. Shore power doesn't charge truck battery. Phone with Bluetooth speakers works great for music and you can recharge phone from coach battery 12 volt outlet

Linda S

1 hour ago, linda s said:

Radio is run off of truck battery. If left on long enough it will run it down. Shore power doesn't charge truck battery. Phone with Bluetooth speakers works great for music and you can recharge phone from coach battery 12 volt outlet

Linda S

Thanks linda! The radio system has a great Bluetooth option. And there are these great speakers back in the kitchen area. I guess those are only to be listened to during drive time?