Summertime Sadie - The Prairie Gypsy goes 80's Mod

shandamac

Hi Toy Family and new members!!!!!!

A quick Sadie update since Jen the youngest is only alloting me 20 minutes. Snap! Whatever!!!

So....too busy for many road trips this Summer, Sadie and I are looking forward to the music festivals and workshops coming up this Fall.

We're gonna be ready!!!!!!

For months, I'd been mulling over ideas for decorating the outside of my little motorhome.

I also wanted to stay true to her 80's vibe. I drew a few pictures: brainstormed an idea or two, but nothing was "doing it" for me.

Until a few weeks ago, on a relatively cool Saturday, my oldest daughter, Gileigh and I took Sadie out rock hunting. We drove past dusty patches of red, rust and gold wild flowers towards the Sasakwa gravel pit to hunt for the deep red and rust Boley agates, and I had a vision. I think Sadie did too.

The following weeks, I sketched , went to the auto paint store, had few colors mixed up.....chili pepper red, tangerine, and sunburst yellow, and this last Saturday I started painting.

I'm attaching a link to a quick video from Sunday morning....

Sunrader...the ultimate canvas for folk art.

cut and paste this link in your url field.

Wishing you all a safe and happy Summer!!!!

shanda

WOW, nice flowers! Sure that's not 70's? It kinda looks like you are going to continue that theme towards the back staying under the trim line and do something different above. I do have one suggestion before continuing onto the fiberglass. Clean it well with a scrubby type pad then paint it. Once your completely satisfied you can apply some gel coat cleaner wax to the fiberglass and it will look sweet! PS: liked the bird sounds in the background.

Greg,

70's Groove.....You're so right!!!!

Those are dew drops, not bubbles on the cab. That paint is good and stuck there. Yes...thanks for the tip on the fiberglass.....scrubby pad to start.....gel coat wax to finish....got it! I'll try to keep her clean and sealed, but I'm expecting the art to age gracefully over time. Like me. ;)

Have a great day!

s

Don't forget your Deadhead bumper sticker

guaterica_04-05.1100525400.deadhead.gif NO.....Probably Not.

Old_and_in_the_Way.jpg YUP.....That's better.