New Member 1985 Dolphin

psxpak

Hey Everybody I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have and 85 toyota dolphin that I bought last year here in Coos bay, Oregon. I'm pretty sure its spent its entire life in Bandon, Oregon. It's got 45K miles and is super clean inside for its age. everything works inside. The only issue I had was the alternator would not excite so I just ran a Ignition power wire to the exciter terminal now it charges fine. Having spent all that time in Bandon where it windy and wet the outside was less than beautiful. I bought it to stay in Powers Oregon for work for a few weeks replacing the concrete ADA ramps and with the intention of giving it a full paint job. My primary (and one of TOO many) hobbies is restoring older cars. (60's/70's) I stripped the caulk and sanded it down by the end of last summer and put it in my carport for the winter. It was a long wet winter last year and I was dying to work on it. this summer I've got it painted White and am working on the black accents. I intend to have the windows in the camper tinted to match the black frames, paint the rack and ladder, grill, wheels, and any other little parts black. I plan to Bedliner the rear bumper and step. I bought semi truck chrome mirrors and have had one installed but removed for paint. talk about clear peripheral vision! and they look awesome on there. All of my paint is automotive paint so the white camper is like a road hazard because pure white is so bright in the sun that it blinds you and these are big panels of it. but i think it looks pretty awesome! Of all the cars and trucks that I've painted this project has been by far the most difficult and time consuming, and probably the least valuable haha.

2-25-23 5487.jpg

20230903_160940.jpg

20230708_182312.jpg

I forgot to mention I'm also replacing the clearance lights with clear lens with red/amber LED lights, the corner lamps with Clear lens with amber bulbs and bumper markers with clear lens amber bulbs

1 hour ago, linda s said:

Looks beautiful.  We would very much like to know what truck mirrors you found that fit. Lots of us have rusty loop arms that aren't going to last much longer. 

Linda S 

I’m running Jr. west coast mirrors. Perfect size for our cabs. Plenty of choices online.

Fit System H3541 Driver/Passenger Side Replacement Jr. West Coast Universal Mirror https://a.co/d/iC6CMgS

I have min set up to 17" to the edge of the mirror from the mount under the window. with the brackets in a different order i think you could get about 20" out of them to edge of mirror. they were just universal amazon cheapies. definately need to buy all stainless hardware for the as the lock washer is rusting @ the top of mirror. and as for the mirror itself I can get a good quality replacement at napa here. I used the original mounts and painted them with rattle can chrome to match the "stainless" (i already see stains) arms https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A0NBYQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20230904_151530.jpg

20230904_151554.jpg

Edited by psxpak