86 Easyrider ?

willys2tuff

Does any one have a 86 toyota with a 6 lug front end?  Going to look at a 1986 Easyrider for sale on marketplace and it has a 6 lug front end. I thought toyota  didn't put them in till 1989. I'm probably wrong but just checking.

i changed my 84 to 6 lug. many have done the same-  only one spare tire that way

Thanks for answering my question Linda.  The one I'm going to look at is in Covington Washington about 5 hrs from me.  He is asking 6800 for it.  It looks ok inside if you look past all the clutter in it. The outside looks like it might have some issues.  He painted the coach a ugly grey and not the cab.  He also said the roof was redone with plywood and a rubber membrane by the PO.  The few pics I have found online it looks like they changed the roof line up front at the overhead bed. I'm a little leery going that far to find it's not as nice as he is saying it is.(5) Marketplace - 1986 D(5) Marketplace - 1986 Dolphin ez rider _ Facebook.mhtmlolphin ez rider _ Facebook.mhtml

yderIs there anyone who  has or owed a 1984 to 88 easy- ryder. I read they were made from 78-79 then from 84 to 88 by a different company. It also said the latter was aluminum construction. If anybody has any info on these I would appreciate it. I own a 1989 Dolphin 400 that we love but getting to old to crawl into the upper bed.

Tika who is a member here and the owner of toyota-campers@groups.io | Home owned an EZ Ryder for many years and put many miles on it. 

She always seemed very happy with hers. I don't know if she still has it but there is no way she would tolerate junk. I couldn't get a good picture from your link but be aware they can be very long. Up to 23 feet. As far as I know the longest Toyota motorhome made. Also if your used to the V6 the 22re might be a disappointment.

Linda S

The 22RE though can be greatly upgraded in performance with a rear end gear change, header, and exhaust upgrades.  My Mini Cruiser with the 22RE was significantly more peppy than my 4Runner is with the 3.0 3VZE.  Although I went through all that because the 22RE was pretty bad out of the box....  I am not tempted enough to repeat that on the 4Runner yet.    

Edited by thewanderlustking