Remove exterior stains

htioki

Does anyone have recommendations on what product to use for removing stains from the exterior of the camper?  The stains came from tree saps.  I tried bug and tar removal but didn't work.  

If it's still sticky use Goo Gone and a blow dryer to loosen it first, then clean with a plastic scrubby. I like the scrub daddy ones. For just the stain I use Barkeepers Friend and microfiber cloth. All available at any Ace Hardware. If there is any stain left brush on Oxyclean paste and let it sit as long as it takes to lighten rewetting from time to time. Worse case scenario brush on straight Clorox but you have to be very careful to keep it off of anything rubber, aka window trim. It will degrade it

Linda S

Chlorinated brake parts cleaner works great on tough stains and leftover adhesive.

It evaporates quickly. You want to spray on then wipe off. It doesn’t hurt the paint or clear coat.

I keep a can in the truck at all times. You can even use it on stains you get on your clothes. 

Edited by fred heath