Planing a trip in the Rockies next summer

ChrisGalipo

Hi!

I'm from Canada and I'm planning a trip in the rockies next summer and I'm interested in buying a Toyota Motorhome.

Is it possible to go there with a 4cyl automatic?? I've read that you have to stay far away from mountains with it.... that you are better with a 4 cyl manual or the V6. What you guys think? Anyone that has a 4cyl automatic and goes into mountains? How does it manages mountains?

Thanks!

Just take your time I go through the mountains of ME, NH, and VT all the time with my 4 cyl. auto. Use you gear lever to keep it in a good climbing gear and just go slow. Personally I prefer a stick but my automatic works just fine the sticks are harder to find. Toyota motor homes will help you with any problems you may have with Impatiens.

I have an 86 toyo coachmen, i was worried about it.. but i just drove across country through the rockies with my 22re 4 cyl automatic. Ran fine, just take it slow, and if you have to and get a head start haha. No but seriously i was getting about 12 mpg in the rockies and didnt really have any trouble

I have an 86 toyo coachmen, i was worried about it.. but i just drove across country through the rockies with my 22re 4 cyl automatic. Ran fine, just take it slow, and if you have to and get a head start haha. No but seriously i was getting about 12 mpg in the rockies and didnt really have any trouble

Nice, I was looking for that kind of answer! Thanks a lot!

Chris--What part of Canada are you in. I'm in B.C. south of Vancouver.

Looking for a motor home too. The best bet is in the U.S. since something magical happens when they hit our border and the price doubles.

Steve

I'm from Québec. And I'm french-canadian.... I'm not really as good as I would have to to go in the USA and buy a motorhome there... since english is not my first language, I'm not really at ease with dealing. I can write english quite not bad.... but when I'm talking it people look at me like I'm stupid... anyway...

I've seen some in the us, yeah they're good looking and price is really good. But I found one over here that looks good and good price. I'm waiting for spring to try it on the road. it's a 1989 Odyssey 21 feet, 88000 km on it. They're asking 8000$ for it and I think I could get it for 7000$. What you think about that?