Sadie the '81 Sunrader- Volume One

shandamac

Hi toy friends,

Sadie's maiden voyage was a success. From Shawnee OK to Midlothian TX. About 480 mile round trip. We left with 1/4 tank of gas spent $65 during the trip....at approx $2.30 a gallon....that's about 28/29 gallons, and got home with just over a 1/4 tank left. If I did my math right, that's about 17 mpg or so. The wind was with us going down and against us coming home, so Ifigured it all evened out. Kept her pretty much at 55 to Texas, but the wind kept us between 45 and 50 coming home to OK. What would have been a 4 hour trip in a car took 5 hours in the motorhome, but I expected this. I got to enjoy the scenery more that those passing me. It was a beautiful day. I didn't feel like we were going slow. It felt like the perfect speed for a little '81 toyota truck carrying a house. Other than a little too much play in the steering, I didn't have too many driving issues....well.. the passing of big trucks and wind gusts over the flat open areas took some getting used to.

Staying in the motorhome was lovely. My own little cosmic heaven. I had changed out the hotwater heater thermocouple the day before I left, and it fired up like a champ. The furnace worked beautifully, and no problems with the water pump, either. I didn't want to mess with leveling, so I had no fridge.(The retreat fed us well between the workshops and lectures so I didn't really need it.)

Sadie and I were the only ones parked in the RV area, about 1/4 mile trek from the main grounds. A couple of my friends came up and joined me for a cup of tea when I arrived, and we christened my little motorhome by playing a few tunes. They left, and on my first night to sleep in a motorhome ever, I was lulled to sleep by the songs of the coyotes. Very cool!

Thanks for letting me share.

shanda

A few pics of the inside.

post-1592-1225140607_thumb.jpg

post-1592-1225141061_thumb.jpg

post-1592-1225141252_thumb.jpg

post-1592-1225141927_thumb.jpg

Nice pics! Your camper looks really personal and has a warm home feeling to it. Love it. I really like that colorful jigsaw puzzle too! And that bed looks like a place for royalty to sleep! :)

you drive fast! :P

You havent slept properly untill there is a bit of wind and you get rocked to sleep..... just like the real old days. ^_^

The interior looks Beautiful!!

You did an amazing job =)

we might have to get our two Rv's together for a gypsy gathering some time ;) hehe

The interior looks Beautiful!!

You did an amazing job =)

we might have to get our two Rv's together for a gypsy gathering some time ;) hehe

Thanks Eli.

A cosmic convergence of gypsy souls. Count me in.

If Gary and I were in a position to live in our toy, we'd surely be doin' it too.

s