We have a 2000 Dolphin that had a Generac generator in it. The generator was removed before purchasing and now we want to get an onboard generator, but since Generac no longer makes the RV generator we are looking into Onon. Has anyone made the switch? I want to get something that will fit right in so I will be able to mount it without any issues. The model number that was in here is 9592-3 series Q-55G. Any help and advice is appreciated.

The Generac was 25L x 18.5 W x 13.75 tall. An Onan 2800 RV generator is 22L x 16.3 W x 12.8 tall.

It will certainly fit in the space you have. Is your gas supply still there but capped off?

And any electrical connections you might need? The Onan also weighs 90 lbs less than the Generac which is a good thing.

Less watts but at 5500 watts that Generac was way overkill for a Toyota motorhome. A 2800 Watt one should be plenty for your needs

I do not know installation details But if the gas and electric are already present it shouldn't be too difficult. If your going to pay fat money at a dealer negotiate the install as part of the price. They are very expensive

Linda S

Last time I checked a new Onan 2800 was well over $2500.00. That’s the basic genset. Remote start and transfer switch is more $$$.

I have the 2800 and I love it. Quiet running. Avoid having Onan do the installation. It would be very expensive. Any shop that works with generators should be able to do the work.