Wired bathroom vent fan - 1987 Sunrader

wadingthroughlife

Hey all, 

I browsed around but couldn't seem to find answers to if a powered vent / fan could replace the crank up vent over the bathroom of a 18' Sunrader. I wasn't sure how it'd get power other than drilling through the side wall or going to the light. If it goes to the light, does the light have to be on for the fan to receive power, or would they be independent? 

Just for reference:

I'll hopefully be adding one of the Dometic Penguin II 11k btu rooftop A/C to replace the the rear-center roof vent, but I need to pull out the vent to see if there is existing wiring or not. I'm hopeful it was placed from the factory for the A/C option. We're in the South, so A/C will let us do some hooked up camping in the dead of summer or near the beach, but we'd really only want the Maxx Air for the other 3 seasons. I was hoping to replace the bathroom roll up vent with a powered vent to accomplish getting the best of both worlds. I'm not sure it being in the closed off space would add much ventilation throughout the truck though.

Thanks for any info!

AC breaker will be 20 Amp on a #12 wire it would seem likely to be factory wired AC or not because they never know what one will need to have AC.