My open beam ceiling wooden cabin Sunrader

Yostfmx

• 1 month later...

WOW!! Seriously, is that a brad nailer in the picture! ? :)

Looking at that 2nd picture, and sort of familiar with my own overhead cab, I'd say that you've added some serious headroom? Did you cut the roof completely off? :w00t: And what thickness is that "ply"? 1/8'' doorskins? Are you going to paint or stain any of it?

Any updates on your project?

Yea man, I did the samething you did but went with a 8'' lift. Its sweet inside now! Yes thats a 18 gauge nail gun, all the paneling is nailed with 18 gauge 5/8s'' nails and glued, paneling is 2.7mm (a little thinner than 1/8'') and will be clear coated. The whole thing is almost done. Almost ready to surf full time! I'll post some pics soon

• 4 months later...

Wow, Yost, your ride is taking on some epic shades of palacial splendor! Is that the library I see under the sleeper loft?

Very nice work, I am currently pulling out of a stall and laying out new bracing for the flooring.

BTW, I can appreciate how many times you've moved that couch. Since I couldn't get my shower out the door, it has become a constant companion moving from one end of the coach to the other. I am actually going to have it re-gelcoated white (it's pink now) inside the coach, when I finish the floor and before the panelling. Where'd you get your panels, they look better and sound thinner than the luan door skins I figured on....

Keep up the awesome work, I can't wait to see pictures of the end product! Are you having a maiden voyage party?

Toyoguy

looking beautiful my friend!

truly amazing what you have done to that old girl....

I passed along the photos to adam so he could take a look,

hope all is well and keep up the good work

• 2 weeks later...

Love your dedication!!!! Here's to livin' the dream!!!!

Can't wait to see the results.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...