On the frame under the passenger seat.

Looks like the original. Not much in the way. Have done Toyota fuel filters before, but not 29 year old ones!  Maybe pb blaster the connections. $39.50 from dealer.  Last one I took off my 97 previa altrac was pretty clean.  Can't see how these are lifetime.

Anyone done this on the V6?

IMG_20190122_123255879.jpg

Just did mine on my V6 Odyssey while replacing the rest of the fuel lines.  Kind of a weird spot.  It was definitely needing replacement and never hurts to do anyways.  I'd PB blast it and let sit for a day.  If you don't want fuel everywhere when changing the filter, pull the fuse for the fuel pump and start the truck and let it run few a few minutes.  

Much cheaper filters available outside of dealership.  AC Delco Professional on amazon for $20, part No. GF656.  

Beck and Arnley part no. 043-0920 on amazon for $18.84.  

Thanks for the reply and input.

Good idea on the pump fuse. Will also remove gas cap to relieve pressure but I know I will still spill some. 

Since it's replaced so infrequently, will pay the $39 for oem.  The new one should be less pressure for the fuel pump to pump against. Never want to have to drop the tank to replace that pump; may cut an access hole thru the floor if ever need to?

Got my line wrench and 17mm, off to break the lines loose. 

had not thought about replacing fuel filter. seems like a reasonable thing to do on my 92 winnie v6. has 57k , probably should put on my "to do" list for upcoming season. question: where exactly is the fuel filter located? from pic, looks like on frame rail? my winnie is currently at an indoor storage facility, so i do not have access to look. thanks in advance for any reply. joe from dover.

I see nothing scheduled for replacing fuel filter??   I replaced mine at about 90,000 it was full of crud.  A real mechanic might have wondered where that came from, I just thought the filter was doing its job.   It was the inside of the tank was full of crap!

I bought a auto parts store fuel filter, the threads were defective and I ended up driving down the street dripping gas as I went.    Someday I will learn to buy OE, Denso or the other one???  Just not today.  

Mine was full of junk as well.  The inside of my tank was definitely full of crude, we did a full flush and cleaning while I had the tank out of it and put in new fuel pump.  

I don't buy the "lifetime" filter claim.  I will always replace and maintain all filters in my vehicles!  

You can not believe how many decades old fuel filters I have changed. On the plus side they are big and hold a lot of junk before they plug up.

Not bad to change out, nothing in the way, although was very careful with the lines to not fracture one.  The dealer filter does come with the holder however it had to be repositioned with respect to the filter so as to line up a mounting holes better. soaked connections in blaster 1 day, not hard to break loose with 19 mm on the filter and 14 mm line wrench.IMG_20190123_145612902.jpg.03ed1238bdf5a589a0000a17a2f686ca.jpgIMG_20190123_145612902.jpg.03ed1238bdf5a589a0000a17a2f686ca.jpg No leaks which is obviously important to check for after doing this job! Also wore safety glasses although not a whole lot of fuel came out.

Some crud and darker gas came out of the old carquest filter, circa 2005.

Not giving advice above, and do at your own risk as I'm only an amateur, but am glad I did it as dealer wanted over $100 to change it out. Alot easier than Honda fuel filter changes for sure, although not fun to lie on the ground when it's 28 degrees!

I did it - no big deal.  It should be pressurized, when you crack the line expect a small fuel spill. Have a rag ready.  

Mine did not have any crap in it.  Good idea to have a container so you can dump the upstream side in - then you can see what came out.

rockauto has some deals....    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,1993,pickup,3.0l+v6,1277995,fuel+&+air,fuel+filter,6200