Drivable camper "hat"?

Dumb newbie question,

I've developed a leak in the east coast storms and hurricane weather. I'm in the process of finding someone to help me get it fixed up, but in the meantime I'm trying to avoid making it worse. I've searched the forums and found a lot of camper covers, but I was hoping to find something more akin to a "cap" that would cover the top of my toyhome, but not much more than that. So we're talking the entire top, but only down so far as my overcab hangs, that way I could still drive with it on.

Does such a thing exist? Should I just buy a regular cover and cut it up? Or should I just fashion one from a tarp? 

Anyone that's been through something with this.

I feel like for the 1/3 price of the adco cap I can buy a tarp... is there any reason to not do that?

Well you wanted a "cap", you didn't say cheap.? A good tarp will do what you want. Lots of rubber straps to keep things tight.

6 minutes ago, WME said:

Well you wanted a "cap", you didn't say cheap.? A good tarp will do what you want. Lots of rubber straps to keep things tight.

That's fair - I didn't say cheap. But I don't know why anyone would buy a more expensive thing that would perform as well as an inexpensive thing. I have no brand loyalty ?