System monitor not working...help!

Palito

I am a new member to the forum although it has been a great source of information prior of us purchasing our motorhome…We have a 1990 Odyssey Americana that we brought back home to the Northeast from San Francisco…We crossed the country 3,200 miles easily cruising through 11 states...It was a true journey.
We are total newbies to RVing and trying to learn as much as possible. 
Approximately one week after coming home, the system monitor panel  stopped functioning, with no reading of the 3 tanks (fresh - rinse - waste) and no battery charge level reading……when pushing any of the the switches there is only a short period when it lights up super-briefly but immediately fades it self to nothing. I am including a photo of the control panel (which I believe to be the original) and would appreciate any input on what could be the issue and how to possibly resolve….Thank you all!

IMG_1339.jpg

The only thing all has in common is the ground wire. Check for a broken wire OR maybe a bad chassis ground. BTW weird taillights/clearance lights are very common and a bad ground is usually the cause.

Thank you for the advice....I’ll take it apart again to see if we can figure it now, did not succeed the first time. Will give another try.

They in general are real finicky grounding would be a good place to start.

when I got my rv, I had some gremlins too.   On the frame by one of therear wheels was a bunch of grounding wires - I several were broken - a lot of stuff worked a lot better after that.

my system monitor is out of service too.   Not concerned at all.  The pump switch still works so I am good to go.  If I ever see a wrecked warrior or spirit and will try to get the printed circuit board

The "after" picture is attached.  Note use of connectors in place of buttjoints.

GroundingWires2.jpg

I had this happen to me last week. all of the sudden all the lights stopped working except my water pump that switch I could still turn on. for me my problem was the connector at the battery. put on a new terminal and boom it all started working again.

my control panel is that acu-tel ? something like that cant remember. Im sure someone here can chime in. but I'm sure they are all relatively the same.

Edited by 86Dolphino

Thanks.....our monitor seems to be the original, think?? Not sure. There are no marks or a brand name that we can see. Will check the battery terminals....thank you!