i'm trying to track down replacement center bushings for the front stabilizer bar (AKA "sway" bar). All Rockauto and Partsgeek have is ones for maybe a 17-19mm bar. the one on my Bandit is very definitely 25mm or 1"....measured bar twice, and old bushings are marked 25mm. hoping to avoid going to poly bushings due to noise, but if needed, can do that.

I can find 25mm bushings, but they're for a Jeep Cherokee or ford Focus and while center bushings are pretty generic, i'm not sure from pix that these will fit inside the existing "strap" brackets. the complete "punt" solution is to get one as close as possible and hog it out with 3/4" sanding drum. hoping to avoid going there.......

thanks in advance!

JD, thanks for that info! just what I was looking for.

jjr, I want to avoid going to polyurethane bushings. done those on some of my cars back in my younger daze, and they do in fact transmit a lot more of the road shocks and noise.....I thought about them for the Bandito since I suspect increased ride and suspension member control is good thing in something this top heavy.....but I figure that, in something that already is a big noisy resonating box, it could get way loud with more road noise plus the inevitable coach rattles. with swaybar center bushings, there's also the issue of squeaking. i'm having to use poly on the leaf spring bushings since I couldn't find rubber ones (should have asked here first on that too, I guess......)

Jim, if I could magically get back all the time I walked into the garage looking for a tool on the Bandit and then had to walk back out cuz I forgot what I was looking for....... :clown2: all together with Mick, now: "What a draaaag it is getting oooold!" (Starbucks: the 2016 version of Mother's Little Helper)

Linda, you're right. the one time i had the Bandito right next to the '02 Tacoma with camper shell, i was shocked to see how close they were in size. it probably don't help that my daily commuter is an MR2 Spyder....i'd think my buddy's 350Z was top heavy.

I'd run urethane, as the advantage outweighs the NVH IMHO, but that's me. I have urethane in my Lexus, Corona wagon, and the ex's Celica, and the improvement was huge!