Need to build Dog Ramp

sdboltdude

My best friend Roxy has a bad back :(post-6388-0-24314700-1370179005_thumb.jp( :( has bone growing on spinel cord)

I want to make sure she can still go camping with me and make it as ez and painless

to get into rv...

When I have to level out the rv the entrance door sometime is18inch or more off the ground and hard for her to get in rv

I want to build a ramp to help her in and out

ramp will also have to hold peoples weight to..

not a lot of room for a ramp & enough space for someone to walk in door)

i was thinking of 3/4 plywood with carpet for traction with support legs by door and middle of ramp

what do you guys/gals think? any ideas? suggestion's?

Roxy just loves camping in april we went camping and she did not want to get in rv to leave to go home...

she is a big reason why I got a rv...

thanks for any help

Steve

Use 2x4 to build in support to the ramp. Screw one on each edge of the rampon the top so that the ramp is self contrained. If you use support legs, they would have to be adjustable for the different terrain.

Use 2x4 to build in support to the ramp. Screw one on each edge of the rampon the top so that the ramp is self contrained. If you use support legs, they would have to be adjustable for the different terrain.

yes I would frame ramp

for legs I would

a.block up legs

b.drill holes in legs and use bolts to raise lower legs...(prob best way)

I'm sure my brother will over build ramp.....

What about a motorcycle ramp they would hold the weight be prefab and easy to use harbor tool and freight sells a nice 30" one for about a hundred http://www.harborfreight.com/1200-lb-capacity-convertible-aluminum-loading-ramp-94057.html

was also thinking of metal ramp

wood one just be a lot cheaper...

I'm going to look at a sheet-metal whole sale place in san diego to see $$$$$

Petsmart and Petco both sell dog ramps. Kind of pricey but you could get ideas to build yours. This one folds up like a suitcase and is one of the better priced ones. Also some cheaper ones on Ebay

http://www.petco.com/product/112343/Pet-Gear-Travel-Lite-Tri-Fold-Pet-Ramp.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

Linda S

I like it!!