No part number visible, I think it’s a starter solenoid but when I search for that I don’t get anything that resembles it. It’s a 1990 3.0 EFI

0903ED80-BA3D-49C4-A7C6-37B489EC0D79.jpeg

D975A4D3-08DE-4B9E-A5F5-9EC1AA653320.jpeg

Hi Derek, yes, I do have a multimeter but are you saying that it no longer functions as a starter solenoid ? I can take a photo of the whole engine? ?‍♀️ 

Thank you, rvdaytrader, I think you are right! Derekupnorth said so too... so it’s back to the drawing board for the answer to the original starting issue....?‍♀️

Toyota starter solenoids are inside the starter  that one you pictured is the isolator relay if your coach battery is charged do touch it! If it just clicks then starts the problem is inside the starter it is a simple fix but auto parts store will try to sell you a starter if you have a auto electrical shop in town they will know how to fix it. 

that solenoid is activated when the ignition switch is on -it routes 12vdc from the start battery to the house battery - it trickle charges your house battery whenever the ignition key is on - it looks like a ford starter solenoid from days gone by - but it has one big difference, it is designed for low draw/ continuous duty. The oldford starter solenoid is designed for high draw/ short duty cycle.

If you take a multi tester you should always have 12vdc on the side going to starter battery. With the Key On, you should have 12vdc on both sides.  maybe 1/10 of volt drop on the down stream side. The little wire from the small terminal probably is spliced into the windshield wiper hot wire.

There is probably a circuit breaker before the solenoid and another  before the house battery

Attached is a pic of the box & receipt where I replaced mine years ago.

2010-09-07-warrior-new-solenoid2.JPG

Edited by DanAatTheCape

Yup. Isolator. Have one too.  Coach is disconnected from truck for now during reconstruction, so this is entirely out of circuit for me. As long as you dont want to trickle charge the house battery from the truck alternator it can be disconnected and stay disconnected, or at least until you diagnose the issue. Both ends carry 12v, so if you disconnect just at the isolator then dont leave the wires uncovered.