Cab replacement seats - 1984 Sunrader

Bigdog

i made the mistake of throwing away my old seats before getting good replacements fortunately I kept the rail system

on my 1984 Sunrader, has any one found an affordable replacement in recent years.

4runner seats have been used are way more comfortable and they only need some minor adjustments I'm told to get them in. If your hitting the junk yard and find some nice ones though I would get the rails just in case. Arm rests would be wonderful. darn maybe I should go find some seats too

Linda S

This past weekend I sat in a Nova Star with a pair of old MR2 seats. Very comfy. I put old Prelude seats in my first Sunrader. I was very happy with them.

I have an '05 Focus ZX3 that has very comfy seats. You might want to look for them. I have heard that Subaru seats are very nice as well.

Edited by 86rader

i run ford King Ranch leather delux truck seats in mine. I welded the OEM rails onto the bottom. piece o cake and super awesome comfortable ride in leather style.

• 4 weeks later...

I installed powered seats from a 2004 Volvo S60 in my 1979 open back Sunrader. They are rated as one of the most comfortable seats in the auto industry. We pulled out all the extra powered stuff and just left the motor controls. The controls all work but the driver side keeps throwing an auto reset switch so we installed an on off switch to reset it when it disconnects. We also modified the wall into the coach to allow an extra 3 inches at the back of the seats to give me more leg room.