• Hello Guest

If you like the place please sign up and become a part of our community! Free, no costs! You have to be a member to view all the forums.

• Most Recent Three Posts

• Been there, done this... Remove trim, remove butyl tape, cleaned everything, used Dycor lap sealant over gap, installed new butyl tape, reinstalled trim. No leaks in the next 5 years that I had the Toy.

Not PVC roof, but EPDM "rubber roofing". It requires a squeaky clean roof to bond.

• Hi, new to this forum.  I just purchased a 92 Winnebago.  This isn't my first time with RV's as I've rebuilt a 60 Metzendorf trailer and did an E-350 van conversion.  However, this is my first Toyota and I've got a few questions I hope others might help me with.  The cab over bunk area was rotted (no surprise) and I've already replaced it with 3/4' ply.  When I removed the outside trim, I was shocked at the poor craftsmanship by Winnebago.  When I removed the butyl putty tape the joint between the exterior sidewall and the exterior cabover front had gaps as big as 1/2 - 5/8''.  Look I know these aren't perfect mated surfaces...I was expecting 1/8 -1/4"....but almost 3/4".  You just cant expect putty tape to fix poor craftsmanship.  I'm thinking about getting "rope" butyl putty...filling in the gap then duraglass over it. Has anybody done that....or have a better idea?    The other question I have is, it is my understanding that the center section of the roof is aluminum.  The guy that I bought the rig from just "shellacked" the hell outa the roof with that liquid roof crap. It's a mess....Though the roof doesn't appear to be sagging...I know it will eventually so i'm going to modify some roof racks...mount them on time and pull the roof up with a slight positive angle to keep water from the A/C.  My plan is to lay down a PVC roof.  Has anybody done a PVC roof on their rig yet...if so how does it adhere to the aluminum?  Thanks in advance.   Mark

• @MaineJed I hear ya! We've actually changed plans and heading to africa for a while so will sell her now and hopefully have some moolah for a raider later 

@IdahoDoug Ceiling arching sounds like a great idea congrats on yours we'll definitely look into it 

@JaySam thank you SO MUCH for looking that up for us thats exactly what we need! If it was 6 back then I'm almost sure it will be too low for me which is such a shame 

@linda s Thanks too for your input Linda! We've seen them going for crazy prices especially the turbo 22re. Think its best we find a sunrader and see for ourselves if the best case scenario 6 foot is enough!