CPAP Batteries

Iflyfish

I had two 12V deep cycle batteries and solar on my Winnebago View. I was able to run my CPAP and never had a problem with a battery running dry.

My new 1987 Sunrader has only one 12V coach battery.

I have seen external power supplies for CPAP's and am considering this since I see no place to add more battery capacity, the single 12V sits in the engine compartment and there is no room for 2 6V deep cycle batteries.

Anyone used one of these external 12V power supplies? http://www.cpap.com/productpage/bps-freedom-travel-cpap-battery-kit.html

Iflyfishwhenmycpapallowsmeanightsleep

Edited by Iflyfish
added link

Kinda pricey. You can buy a 20 ah 12 v agm battery for 35$. Use a 12 v adapter and a simple cigarette lighter coard to recharge it. Your good to go for less than 75$.

Before you buy anything check the cpap machine and see what it's power needs are, a single battery should be enough for a couple of nights.

I agree with WME. All the CPAP machines I see have an available 12 volt cord which means they are not power hogs. Somewhere on it you should be able to find the power usage and figure out exactly how much power you'll need to run it.

Linda S