I am the new owner of an 87 Sunrader.  It has sat close to 5 years. Yesterday I siphoned out a few gallons of what smelled like lawyer and looked like Guinness Stout. Last night, the previous owner (still in his driveway) put about a gallon and a half of fresh has in and got it to start with the help of some starter fluid. I would like to go ahead and purge it again, but rather than siphoning I was thinking of disconnecting at the fuel rail and purging it until I get fresh gas. Where is the convenient place to do this?  Isn't there a shrader fitting for checking pressure? I was thinking of just using a shrader fitting connected to a length of hose and purge it that way. 

Yes there should be a drain plug. The fuel filter should also be changed (not a real fun task but a real good ideal it's probably never been done) The fuel is under considerable pressure be very careful of removing fuel lines to purge the system with the fuel pump or connecting any thing to it to do so.

Went there yesterday, put in 5 gallons fresh gas and a new battery. Doesn't seem to be getting fuel. It will start on starting fluid. So, there is spark.  Too damn far away to be going there every day to fuss with it. The PO has a mechanic that he has used for years and trusts. He is going to have a look at it tomorrow. Hoping it is something simple like a clogged filter. I did crack loose the cold injector line and turn it over. I would assume I would have had fuel leaking out, but nothing. Also, I can not hear the pump run. Assuming his mechanic is competent with 22REs, I suspect he will have it figured out quickly and hopefully cheaply.