Escape hatch replace

Got Toyota

Hello, I have an escape hatch on my 87 odyssey measuring 15 1/2 x22 1/2id on old one I removed .I can't easily find the right sized one online. I find them 15X22 but there's going to leave a pretty big gap. I would really appreciate it if someone that replaced there's semi recently and could kinda steer me to the right one.... 

7 hours ago, linda s said:

You need to know the cut out size. Look here, a 15x22 escape hatch has a cut out much bigger than the hatch size.

http://tweetys.com/heng-s-escape-hatch-15-x-22.aspx?gclid=CL-DzteBw88CFQEQaQodCSEEzA

Linda S

Thank you for the great info, I saw this one when I was looking but was uneasy about getting the wrong size and really don't want to have to send it back or worse and have to cut a larger hole.

• 1 month later...

OK cutting it is. Mark carefully the opening needed. I would cut from the roof not inside. Drill holes just inside corners so you can get jig saw in to cut straight lines of opening. Clean corners out after. If edges of paneling inside aren't perfect the garnish will cover some of that. Piece of plywood on roof will help to distribute your weight up there. Good luck. Your old one is probably a Ventline escape hatch and they don't make them anymore.

Linda S