Looking for the p/n for replacement rear brake hose on my 1978.

Ordered the centric B916939 or 150.44327 but it's too short.

JD, sent you a pm, no luck getting through.

Edited by fred heath

How long is your old one. Looking at Rock Auto there is no length shown for the Centric but the Dorman is 17.75 inches. Looks longer in the pics but if that still isn't long enough we might be able to find a suitable one just by length

Linda S

3 hours ago, fred heath said:

Looking for the p/n for replacement rear brake hose on my 1978.

Ordered the centric B916939 or 150.44327 but it's too short.

JD, sent you a pm, no luck getting through.

There are some people that send me private messages that I never get. Yet others do it and I get them fine. I have no idea what is going on but I have no control on my end.

The Centric # you ordered is for a "3/4 ton truck" whatever that is and that hose is only 10 1/2" long.

The 1978 Toyota cab & chassis truck is rated 1150 lbs. payload, so technically it is a 1/2 ton truck.  Correct hose that shows in the Rock Auto catalog is the Dorman H27301 and that is 17 3/4" long.

As far as I know, Toyota never made a 3/4 ton truck for sale in the USA in 1978, so I don't know what the reference of 3/4 ton is for.

Thanks JD.

That's the part I ordered from AutoZone.

What I noticed which is kinda cool is Toyota put small bands around their brake hoses with the month and year manufactured.

In my case, the hoses were mfg on 5/78. Got a picture but will have to wait till I get to my laptop to upload it. The hoses were working fine, just part of my upgrade process. Still not bad for a 38 year old brake system.

1978 in the USA with a long-bed is a RN28.  What IS confusing is this. I suspect the cab & chassis trucks have less payload ratings then standard pickup trucks.  A cab & chassis truck is built with an assumed assembled weight with the new added body of 3450 lbs.  Since the max total rating is 4600 lbs. - that makes it an 1150 lb. payload truck.  Now - standard pickup is a lot lighter then the 3450 lbs. of an assembled cab & chassis truck.  So I guess someone could say the standard pickup has more payload capacity then a cab & chassis truck?