Plas t cote coat?

Bikemike

Hello!  I have been peeking over your shoulders for months and have found a lot of useful information on this site. From purchasing our 1987 Escaper in Missoula last February, through all the many repairs along the way, the experience has been greatly demystified. I am just about finished with this leg of the repairs. I just painted the roof with plas t cote and I am about to put on some air bags.

This is my question: Is there a coating that you can put on a plas t cote coated roof that will stand up to abrasion? Occasional foot steps?  Or is it better to just leave it the way it is and repaint as needed?  I went back and forth about covering the whole roof...but there were already some patches with plas t cote and I wanted to protect the aluminum roof from further oxidation(electrolysis?)

thanks. 

Real choices.

1. Strip off all the junk sealant and use a product like Snow Coat.  easiest

2. Strip off the junk and lay down a single continuous  layer of something like plas t coat. A better idea.  http://www.eastwood.com/paints/elastiwrap-coatings.html  harder

3. Strip off the junk and use a real roofing product, EPDM liquid roof.  hardest but best.

Note all proper sealing procedures require stripping off the junk