In a most bizarre incident, last night an injured horse from somewhere in our neighborhood charged down our driveway, crashed though our barrier chain, then died after thrashing around in our driveway. No kidding. In the process, it managed to damage the front grill on our 1985 Toyota Dolphin. Does anyone know a source for this part?

Strange days.

Joe

10 hours ago, WME said:

Does indeed look like that. Thanks! Yes, I know this story is a hard sell. Kinda sorta tough for us to believe too. The horse corpse is down at the end of our driveway this morning. Very real.

7 hours ago, linda s said:

Forgive me for being more upset about the horse than your Toyota. How horrible. Yes new grills are available lots of places. I usually do ebay for that kind of thing.

Linda S

Not at all Linda. We, too, are very upset about the horse. Someone's sweet companion met a terrible end. Very sad. More details begin to emerge. Apparently the horse was spooked by thunder. In it's panicked escape it managed to impale itself on a piece of rebar or other fence post. It had a deep puncture wound in its chest between it's forelegs. We weren't home for any of this. Out of town for the weekend and a house sitter was here for the event. 

The dead horse is lying under a tarp at the end of our road. Very terrible end for the poor animal.

Joe

Around here it takes about 3 days for an animal carcass to be hauled away. It takes about a day of circular finger pointing between sanitation, sheriffs dept and fish and game to see who is responsible, then a day to schedule the actual pickup.  If it was a prized family animal the owner may wish to bury it on his property. Good luck.

Here in Wisconsin, it is illegal to bury large livestock on your own property.  That being said, I saw our neighbor dig fishing worms with an end loader and a dead hog happened to fall into the hole to attract more worms.  We don't tell the authorities about his unusual fishing worm habits.