1986 Toyota Sunrader

Mary

I am looking @ 1986 Toyota Sunrader. It has almost 100,000 miles, which is the part that concerns me. I am a single female and cannot afford to inherit repairs. However, it is immaculate and he has all the receipts for any work. Most of the major repairs he has done at around 55 to 80 thousand miles.

He is asking 6,000. Is that a fair price?

Any little idiosyncrasies about these/

Also, first time on this site.

Thanks, Mary

It's 30 years old and it only has 100,000 miles on it. Sounds like the previous owner cared for it so I would worry too much. Any vehicle can develop problems but the 22re is about as dependable as you can get. 6 grand is a fair price for it if it looks super clean. Check for soft floor. Leaks around front windows or anywhere else. You would see water stains. Not a deal breaker but a bargaining card for sure. Ask more questions if you need any specifics. Post from your cell phone when your there and you might get an immediate answer. So many guys online here all the time. I own 2 Sunraders and love them both

Linda S

Thank you Linda. I am single on a bit of a budget, so I have to spend my funds wisely.

It is immaculate and the couple are being very forthright with all the info. Vin number and everything.

I owned a Sunrader many years ago and loved it.

Mary

I did mean wouldn't worry. Sunrader are always in demand because they generally present less problems maintenance wise for the coach. Since your a former owner you already know some about RVing you will be fine. I think all of us here are cost conscious. Otherwise we would be driving $100,000 Sprinter rigs

Linda

How would I find out if anyone on this site lives in/near Prineville. I would pay them to go thru it for me. The people are arriving tomorrow aft.

Mary

How did you find this rig. It's not on craigslist. Your not exactly in a major metropolitan area. Might be hard to find someone from here on short notice. Do you have a local mechanic you trust who would look at it for you. Also ask the people to have the fridge cold for you so you know it works. Do you remember the owners first name. Just wondering if I know them. I do know a lot of Sunrader owners.

Linda

contacted me cuz I have a ad on craigslist. if you want to see it look under Seattle craigslist 1986 Toyota Sunrader. They will arrive around 1 today.

This is the only vehicle for sale in Seattle that says it's a Sunrader but it's not. It's an Itasca made by Winnebago. They are driving all the way from Seattle for you to look at it? Seems quite a long way to go.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/5671429335.html

Please don't feel forced to buy this when they misrepresented it as a Sunrader.

PS passenger side door has been replaced. May have been in accident and doesn't look good