I have the 90 Dolphin with  V-6.  Cruise control will lock on but not stay steady.  The cable does not move freely.

I asked the local Toyota dealer to try to find a new cable for me but after two weeks they cannot.  I tried online at NAPA, O'Reilly, but they couldn't.  Site for Advance Auto parts locked up every time it wanted my zip code.  Tried Google and got 600,000 listings.  So...

Does anybody know where to get one?  Or is there some way to try lubricating or otherwise getting the cable to move freely?  I just got back from a Michigan to Massachusetts trip of 2400 miles mostly on toll roads and cruise would have really helped. 

Sorry, don't know.  It was my repair shop that talked to the dealer, not me.  Toyota promised to call the shop if they could find  one.  After two weeks, no call.  Repair shop did not want to call Toyota dealer again because they trust that the dealer would call if they could find one.

If you have a Toyota part number I would like it for online searching. 

Thanks Derek for replying.

Have your mechanic get the part number for you. If you can find one he gets to make money installing it. I searched and I couldn't find anything that was just a cable. Is it part of the actuator assembly?

Linda S

Thanks Linda for looking.  The cable is not part of the actuator assembly.  One end hooks into the actuator and is held by a plate with three bolts.  The other end hooks to the throttle.  Cable is maybe 16-18 inches long.

Events have overtaken this.  Next week I get a 94 Warrior and this 90 Dolphin goes on the market as soon as it is pretty enough.