Chinook Wheelbase

85Diesel

I'll add the Chinook is on a 110.25" wheelbase and there was no option.  That is a little shorter then a short-bed truck built in later years.   E.g., "short" 1988 has a 112" wheelbase  and a "long" has a 137" wheelbase.

Image6.jpg

7 hours ago, 85Diesel said:

So sounds like a chinook camper wouldn't line up with a single cab longbed 85 4x4.

Get the tape-measure out.  Wheelbase is NOT the measurement a person needs.  Has little to do with the coach fitting or not.  You need the distance from the back of the truck cab to the center-line of the rear-axle.

A Toyota Chinook measures 48.7" from the back of the cab to the center-line of the rear wheels.   A 1985 112" wheelbase Toyota truck measures 43.9" to the rear center-line of the rear-axle. Even though the frame is 2" longer, the cab is also longer, so less room for a coach in back.  

I'm sure you can make anything fit with work.  One perfect fit for a Chinook body on a later truck is a  2003 Chevy S10 standard-cab, long-bed. Measures 47.5" from the back of the cab to the center-line of the rear axle.

Here's a diagram of the later Chinook coach like used 1975-1979.  1973-1974 models I have no specs on and they might of been slightly different and/or shorter.  The Toyota truck chassis went through big changes that came out for model year 1975.  Also - the Toyota Chinook does not have the rear wheels perfectly centered in the rear wheel wells.

chinook specs.jpg