The following picture is to the top of my engine (after I cleaned a lot of gunk). That small hole right behind the engine oil cap is slowly spitting oil up at the hood of my car (which is then dripping down). I imagine there is a tube or something that is supposed to connect to this but I just can't figure out what it is. 

Anyone with a 20r mind looking at theirs and seeing what that is supposed to connect to? If nothing, do you have a similar oil problem?

Thanks!

Mischa

www.pontxadventures.wordpress.com

IMG_4921.JPG

Take a pic of the top of the entire engine. That is a vent for the crankcase pcv system it should have a hose that goes to the air cleaner or the intake manifold.

Yes it's for the crankcase vent it did go to the air filter housing on carbureted engines. If the filter housing has been changed (different carb maybe) it should have some sort of filter other wise it will pull dust etc. into the engine.

4 hours ago, MischaT said:

The following picture is to the top of my engine (after I cleaned a lot of gunk). That small hole right behind the engine oil cap is slowly spitting oil up at the hood of my car (which is then dripping down). I imagine there is a tube or something that is supposed to connect to this but I just can't figure out what it is. 

Anyone with a 20r mind looking at theirs and seeing what that is supposed to connect to? If nothing, do you have a similar oil problem?

Thanks!

Mischa

www.pontxadventures.wordpress.com

Here's a 1977 Chinook I scrapped with a 20R.

DSCF0142.JPG

OK there should be a hose and PCV fitting on the rear of the valve cover. It looks like the front fitting.

A long read with pics, go slow until you understand  then a few parts and all will be good. 

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?/topic/8399-weber-carb-swap-3436-install-question/#comment-73091