Hello All,

Because of a series of unanswered inquires by mechanics and subsequently, incorrect parts ordered by the same, I am trying to determine the year of manufacture and possible model # , or any other identifying features on my full-floater. (Below)The previous owner is not available to tell me what he pulled it out of, and it will hopefully expedite part searches in the future. Thanks,

TG

post-1283-0-12354900-1451345627_thumb.jp

Well I was just there. I didn't say anything cause the one on your rig doesn't look like a full floater to me. It was kind of pulled apart. You need to take pics of the hub. That is the only way to identify it. All the full floaters are the same though. Brakes for my 86 are the same as brakes for a 92. Only way it would be different is if it came from a Land Cruiser

Linda S

I believe prior owner might have said it was out of a '92 Linda, can't remember. Here's a shot of the hub:

post-1283-0-10694300-1451362947_thumb.jp

OK looks right but what is it you need. Like I said they are all pretty much the same as far as I know. when looking for parts it needs to be for a WT chassis. The WT means dually rear wheels. I have a Nissan too and they also call theirs a WT chassis

Linda S

OK, WT chassis, thanks. I think there was some confusion at the shop as to correct brake shoes. It seems the previously installed ones were incorrect somehow? Maybe not heavy duty enough. Or maybe wrong lining on the shoe.... Anyway, I think, like you that there's only one style of dually brakes. Will check in with the shop tomorrow.

Thanks,

TG

Hello All,

Because of a series of unanswered inquires by mechanics and subsequently, incorrect parts ordered by the same, I am trying to determine the year of manufacture and possible model # , or any other identifying features on my full-floater. (Below) The previous owner is not available to tell me what he pulled it out of, and it will hopefully expedite part searches in the future. Thanks,

TG

attachicon.gifIMG_0079.JPG

I've had 1986 full floaters apart and also 1992 full floaters. All the internal parts were exactly the same. Same bearings, seals, wheel cylinders, brake shoes, adjusters, etc.

Thanks jd, that's useful info.

I'll detail any useful data I get when the current issues are put to rest. :greedy::umm:

TG

Lest we forget, there are 2-pinion and 4-pinion differentials available.

Yes, and there are also course and fine spline pinion gears and two versions of axle splines. But I'm talking outboard parts in the service area the poster was asking about. I.e. the two oil seals, one paper gasket, two bearing cones, two bearing races, two brake shoes, one wheel cylinder, and brake hold-down kit. All the same throughout the years (that I know of).