Gray Water Tank Attachment Points - '91 Dolphin

Jim T

Having had the suspension straps for the gray water tank on my 1991 Dolphin rust out, the tank dropped off (and drained itself...). I can see where the straps are attached to welded bolts on the frame "inboard", but can't see how the suspension straps were attached to the body (or somewhere on the chassis) on the outboard (outermost) side. The ends of the metal straps were uniformly rusted, with no evidence of bolt holes or any physical attachment points.

I would think I'd have to have the replacement suspension straps secured and in place in the outboard location before reattaching the tank to the inflow/outflow points and reattaching the straps at the inboard bolts.

Anybody have any ideas on this? Thanks!

A lot of tank straps have a T in one end, with a corresponding slot and notch that the T slips into.

I have a 94 Seabreeze, made by National and now have the lower trim piece off. The inner is as you described bolts welded to frame. The out side, this will be a long explanation! The floor seems to have been built first then the walls added. The outside frame of the floor is a 2X2. I suspect that the grey tank and strap was attached to the floor before the wall was added. The strap looks like it runs up the outside of the 2x2 and then wraps around on top of the 2x2 and is screwed/nailed/fastened to the top of the 2X2.

post-8092-0-90137600-1445300976_thumb.jp

Left click to enlarge picture HTH Jim

I have a 94 Seabreeze, made by National and now have the lower trim piece off. The inner is as you described bolts welded to frame. The out side, this will be a long explanation! The floor seems to have been built first then the walls added. The outside frame of the floor is a 2X2. I suspect that the grey tank and strap was attached to the floor before the wall was added. The strap looks like it runs up the outside of the 2x2 and then wraps around on top of the 2x2 and is screwed/nailed/fastened to the top of the 2X2.

attachicon.gifIMG_0360.JPG

Left click to enlarge picture HTH Jim

I think that is what I'm dealing with - thanks for the response! Time to look at removing the trim panel and see what can be cobbled together...

Looking at this if your unit is the same. A bolt could be run down through where that small rear door is, I think without removing door and one right down through the water heater lip. Possibly a new strap could be welded/bolted/riveted to the old one?? Not a plan or how to, just a thought.

Jim