I don't really know the correct spec for this, but approach it like you do on your oil pan...Snug, but no gorilla tugs.. There are no opposing forces trying to remove it . if you are using the same washer, just make sure that it is tight...sorry for the lack of a correct response, but I never looked it up

Sort of an acquired feel........ donnie

no worries, I did the same for the oil drain, I am going to same for tranny.

what size is the drain bolt? can seem to find my metric 6 point sockets. I have deep, impact, short and few more sets. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Tranny drain bolt is also 14 mm, lucked out, found an impact socket in 14 mm,

the shop that rebuilt my tranny forgot to torque it down, it was loose that I was able to turn it by hand and loosen it,

hence it was dripping tranny fluid.

There was no washer present and I will have to get some from toyo and do another drain and fill with my maxlife syn dexvi

If you take your drain plug into any auto supply store, they should have an assortment that you can pick thru..My choice would be copper, although "plastic" seems to have replaced copper........either will work, Donnie