Axle housing seal leaked causing bushings and what ever else to wear causing noise and vibration

been told it's a major repair job, any advice on where I can get it done in the Ventura, L A, Orange

Counties area and general cost?

Axle housing seal leaked causing bushings and what ever else to wear causing noise and vibration

been told it's a major repair job, any advice on where I can get it done in the Ventura, L A, Orange

Counties area and general cost?

There are no bushings in either the front or rear axle housings. Just replaceable steel bearings. Are you talking front or rear axle - and if rear - full floating (with adjustable cone bearings) or semi-floating (with ball bearings)?

Here's a referral from Tika the owner of the toyota-campers group on yahoo. She's been around these motorhomes for almost 30 years and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't stay this long with a mechanic unless they were good

Linda S

I recommend Pete at Siam Min Gas Station in Monrovia at the corner of Mayflower and Duarte Rd. He is a factory-trained Toyota mechanic with an independent shop behind his family gas station. He has been working on my Toyota RV for a decade including dropping and cleaning the fuel tank once. Call 626-303-3844. They are from Thailand and have an accent that you have to listen to carefully to understand, but he is VERY knowledgeable about Toyota engines.

If it leaked enough oil to run dry it is possible to pretty well trash a diff. The terminology may have lost something in the translation. Maybe time for a second opinion.